Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: W.I.P. Kitchen Island

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    719

    Talking W.I.P. Kitchen Island

    Swmbos Christmas gift, finally getting to it. She likes the one in the pic, settled on a size of 30 w x 43 L, 36H. Stained dark walnut to match the kitchen. I got started on milling up 5/4 ash, printed out the leg pattern to use in the Vega copier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westbury_kitchen_island.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	53715

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3971-2.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	53716
    hobby woodworking since 1972

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ABQ NM
    Posts
    30,020
    Something tells me you're gonna knock this one out of the park (as usual), Bryan. Looking forward to watching it progress.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

    workingwoods.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    719
    got one leg ruffed out, but a mistake on the pattern sends it to the junk bin. Turned a collar , it shouldn't be there on the bottom of the post.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3974.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	53734

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3972.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	53733
    hobby woodworking since 1972

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowing View Post
    Swmbos Christmas gift, finally getting to it. She likes the one in the pic, settled on a size of 30 w x 43 L, 36H. Stained dark walnut to match the kitchen. I got started on milling up 5/4 ash, printed out the leg pattern to use in the Vega copier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westbury_kitchen_island.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	53715

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3971-2.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	53716
    Bryan,
    Look forward to seeing this build! What is the piece of equipment in the background of the first pic? The large (looks big in the photo) yellow thingymabob.. I'm probably just not recognizing something common... Thanks!

    Just took a look at some of your other pics, is this a type of adjustable height work bench, or some other type of tool you use as a workbench, a lift of some sort? Looks neat.
    Last edited by Brian Altop; 02-02-2011 at 01:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    3,798
    Awesome looking project, looking forward to watching it progress...though not sure if this spinny stuff is good for someone who longs for one of those ''go-round' machines
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    13,452
    Very cool looking island, can't wait to see it finished.
    Darren

    To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Altop View Post
    Bryan,
    Look forward to seeing this build! What is the piece of equipment in the background of the first pic? The large (looks big in the photo) yellow thingymabob.. I'm probably just not recognizing something common... Thanks!

    Just took a look at some of your other pics, is this a type of adjustable height work bench, or some other type of tool you use as a workbench, a lift of some sort? Looks neat.
    Mini Max L55 cantilever stroke sander. Gets used mostly as my workbench. Drum sander gets more use now except for large items. Electric lift table is handy. see my avatar, stroking a raised panel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3929-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	53750
    hobby woodworking since 1972

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Posts
    3,220
    Wow, what a pretty island...can't wait to see the project unfold....
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    719
    4 legs done, 3 need sanding. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3986.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	53779
    hobby woodworking since 1972

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowing View Post
    4 legs done, 3 need sanding. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3986.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	53779
    Those are some nice legs!
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Similar Threads

  1. Kitchen island
    By Rich Soby in forum Flatwork Project Showcase
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
  2. Kitchen Island complete
    By Jim Hager in forum Flatwork Project Showcase
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 02:21 AM
  3. Kitchen Island Top
    By Bill Arnold in forum Flatwork Project Showcase
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 09:05 PM
  4. Kitchen island
    By Donnie Cherry in forum Flatwork Project Showcase
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
  5. Kitchen Island
    By Jeff Horton in forum Designs, Plans and Sketches
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •