AHHHH!! I lost another one! Those darn aerosol straws.

Brian Altop

Does anyone know where you can buy those little red straws for the aerosol cans? I can't seem to keep them with the can and once they get loose, they must head for the boarder or something.:huh:

Even if you don't know where to get them, what do you do to keep the straw with the can? If I leave it in the nozzle they inevitably get bumped and fall out. If I tape them to the can, well, the tape gets oily and lets the straw fall out. Maybe it's just me, but there's got to be a better way!:pullhair:

Thanks!

I've got a little jar where I keep the straws after I throw away an empty can. Now lets see, where did I put that jar last time I used it... :huh:

Brian, do some checking, maybe try Lee Valley, there is a product that hold the little tubes to the can, on or off the nozzel. I got a couple, but I forget where they came from. Lee Valley may have them listed either in woodworking tools or gardening stuff.

HTH

ya go to the 99 cent store, and buy a pack of plastic clothes pins.
then ya put a few finishing nails somewhere, and clip all these little things that you lose all the time that have no place to store, clip them into a clothespin and hang them up, theyll always be around.

I try to buy only these kind of cans these days, as I have lost too many of the "red straws"

attachment.php

Attachments

• WD40_Smart_Straw_Home_Page.jpg
    WD40_Smart_Straw_Home_Page.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 155
Don't know why I didn't think of rubber bands! Duh!

Once I found somewhere that sold the straws, don't know if coffee stirrers would work (good idea), but for the life of me I can't find them any more.:dunno: Oh, well.

Maybe I'll just epoxy them to my forehead, then I'd be sure not to lose them! Might make it a little awkward to use though.:rofl::rofl:

I keep them all, so I have a bunch, but there are maybe three sizes, depending on the brand or product.

The rubber band works good, but an old MTB inner tube cut to about 1" wide works even better! :thumb:

Lee Valley to the rescue - yet again!

Well I'll be stinkered! I knew someone had them! I just sent an email to them asking them if they carried them too!

Guess I'm getting old or something, not being able to do a search on a website properly.
I'll tell ya' guys, watch out for your mid 30's, it's a killer!

First your computer skills start to lag, then your memory starts to go...What next???:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks Jim:D

Stu, I like your bike tube idea. :thumb: The rubber bands tend to dry out and crack for me over time. I'm also a fan of the new WD-40 cans with the built-in tube.

...I'll tell ya' guys, watch out for your mid 30's, it's a killer!...

Yeah, it sure was. At least the parts that I can remember. :D

Two ideas. I use both depending on what is close by.

1. Big ugly rubber bands. Wrap the can and stick the little straw under.

2. Take a drinking straw. Fold it almost in half and tape it. Now tape the whole thing to the side of the can. When your done with the little red straw, slip it in the big straw.