Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: can anyone do anything right?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,833

    can anyone do anything right?

    We have three large picture windows in our living room area. A couple years ago one of them lost it's seal and I had to have it replaced. The local company I called seemed very inept at handling the order. Required multiple calls to get anything done.
    A couple months ago another went bad. I called the same company, and others, for estimate. First one had the best price. After call upon call they finally came today to install the new window. Had old one out then learned the replacement was wrong size.
    Now, they need to reorder and get the correct glass. I'm going to try to get a break on price or some kind of extra for my money. I think I'll ask for free Low E.
    This is an old company with a good reputation but they don't seem to have an up to date management plan. Dealing with them is like trying to figure out who's on first.
    "Folks is funny critters."

    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Outside the beltway
    Posts
    5,261
    Frank usually if the company screws up I will also ask for a discount. If they do not comply I let them know the Review I will write will not be favorable. Sometimes that gets there attention.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Frank usually if the company screws up I will also ask for a discount. If they do not comply I let them know the Review I will write will not be favorable. Sometimes that gets there attention.
    I belong to Angie's List but have never used it. This time I think I will.
    "Folks is funny critters."

    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    4,012
    Just a thought.
    Yes they messed up and bought you the wrong window. They bought and paid for that window. Yes there is some mark up on it to you. Now they have to buy another window for your house and put the wrong size one in there shop. Now they will have paid for that window twice. The mark up does not cover buying a second window. And they still have to put it in.
    So lets say for numbers sake that the window was 200 to them and they charged you 300. They charged you another 100 to install it. For a total of 400 for the job.
    So the first window cost they 200 and the installer cost them 50 for the first trip. They stood to make. 150.
    So now they have the first window at 200 the first install trip at 50 and the second window at 200 and the second install at 50. they are into your job for 500. That's just 100 over what they are charging you. So how much of a break do you think would be justifiable?
    Yes they will put that window out in there miss order bin and dump it at half price. I'm guessing that will take 2 to 3 years before it sells.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't get something for your inconvenience or trying to start anything. Just looking at the other side of the coin.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    Just a thought.
    Yes they messed up and bought you the wrong window. They bought and paid for that window. Yes there is some mark up on it to you. Now they have to buy another window for your house and put the wrong size one in there shop. Now they will have paid for that window twice. The mark up does not cover buying a second window. And they still have to put it in.
    So lets say for numbers sake that the window was 200 to them and they charged you 300. They charged you another 100 to install it. For a total of 400 for the job.
    So the first window cost they 200 and the installer cost them 50 for the first trip. They stood to make. 150.
    So now they have the first window at 200 the first install trip at 50 and the second window at 200 and the second install at 50. they are into your job for 500. That's just 100 over what they are charging you. So how much of a break do you think would be justifiable?
    Yes they will put that window out in there miss order bin and dump it at half price. I'm guessing that will take 2 to 3 years before it sells.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't get something for your inconvenience or trying to start anything. Just looking at the other side of the coin.
    I have been on the other side of the coin and know it can be a tough swallow.
    But, my window has lost it's seal and insulating abilities, I have lost money in the form of heat loss while waiting for them to do get in motion. I have spent hours on the phone reminding this poorly managed business to: come measure for a quote; call me with the quote; schedule the installation, at least twice, then this.
    They owe me.
    "Folks is funny critters."

    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delton, Michigan
    Posts
    17,475
    frank, is this the same company that put the bad window in some time ago? if so then was there a warranty on the bad window? if there was then the window company should be the one getting some bad press not the installation company..but all company's have bad products that get threw quality control...so i do not see where the loss is that great on your part,, yu wil have a new window and it will fit the opening..sometimes the measure makes a number wrong or a person misreads the numbers.. many ways to cause this inconvenience..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,833
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    frank, is this the same company that put the bad window in some time ago? if so then was there a warranty on the bad window? if there was then the window company should be the one getting some bad press not the installation company..but all company's have bad products that get threw quality control...so i do not see where the loss is that great on your part,, yu wil have a new window and it will fit the opening..sometimes the measure makes a number wrong or a person misreads the numbers.. many ways to cause this inconvenience..
    Yep, same company. They replaced the bad one with no argument. Some confusion when ordering but that is normal for them. The window was very dirty when they installed it. And it is on a second story level. I had to buy a special 20' long pole thingy to clean it.
    BTW, I have a theory why this company is so inefficiently managed. Until recently they were the only glass company in the region, maybe a ten county area. We were experiencing a lot of growth, with new houses, businesses, etc. They had no competition. If you wanted glass or special windows you had to do business with them. If you had to wait, you waited. They had no reason to get efficient. Now they have competition and are still in the scribbled note era. If they go out of business they will not have a clue about what happened. Nice people but not keeping up with the times.
    "Folks is funny critters."

    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Santa Claus, In
    Posts
    4,779
    Note to self, throw away all scribbled note pads if Frank comes for a visit
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

    Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Buse Township MN
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    I called the same company, and others, for estimate. First one had the best price. After call upon call they finally came today to install the new window. Had old one out then learned the replacement was wrong size.
    Lowest bid rarely works out to be the best bid........just sayin' Good luck getting it fixed right.
    Every child deserves a family. Adopt. Foster. Get involved.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,833

    more window problems

    Owner of the glass company called yesterday. Seems the company that manufacturers the glass will not guarantee a 5/16" thick double pane glass anymore. Says it flexes too easily. That's what he sez. I would have thought it was the glass that flexed, not the space in between. But, I'm not a glass expert, wadda I know?
    So, he is coming again today to do another measure. I have lost track, third or fourth time the window has been measured.
    He wants to put in a 3/8" or 1/2" thick window. It will look ugly but I have no choice. I believe I will put a cap moulding around it to hide the protruding part.
    I know I only have to worry about my own situation. But, being me, I do wonder of other customers get irked with this kind of time wasting folderra. And, for contractors, it is a time and money wasting inefficiency.
    Found out a store in town owned by a friend had his drive up window damaged recently in a burglary attempt. He is experiencing same kind of inefficiency with the same company. They have to keep coming back to fix, change, finish, redo, etc.
    "Folks is funny critters."

    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •