Thread: Finally got some GOOD news for a change!

Rochester Hills, MI

Thumbs up Finally got some GOOD news for a change!

Hi folks!

After what was pretty much a disastrous week, I finally got some GOOD news this morning. Here's a brief overview of my week...

Sunday afternoon my wife walks in and says "my car is running really rough and the service engine light came on". Great, that's just what I need now. I'm in debt enough already with deductibles on my shoulder surgery from November and now the car needs work. I took my OBDII reader out there and plugged it in. It came back telling me that there was a misfire in the #3 cylinder. Well I guess it's time to take it in. I'll make this short and cut to the chase. It needs about $2K worth of work!! This car is nine years old and has 96K miles on it. I don't have $2K to throw at it. Even if I did, it's not worth putting into a car of that age and mileage. The last Saturn we had nickled and dimed us almost to death. That one started at an earlier age than this one. Although I really didn't relish the thought of car payments again, I knew it was time. We haven't had a car payment in about five years and it's been great. Long story short, we went last night and made a deal to lease a 2011 Chevy Cruze. Only $510 down and $203/mo. for 39 months. It's a pretty nice car for the money. So that takes care of the sucky part of the week. (Monday thru Thursday)

This morning I went back to my surgeon for another post-op evaluation. He's extremely happy with my recovery in just 2-1/2 months. He says he's amazed that I'm back to where I am in such a short period of time. I had a pretty serious shoulder injury and I started back to work a couple weeks ago. I'm not 100% yet but it's getting better much faster than anticipated. So he told me this morning that unless any other problems crop up, that I don't need to see him again. This is great news. I've only got one more PT appointment next week and that will probably be a "discharge visit". This is extremely good news at this point seeing that bills have been tough enough lately and now I've got a $200 car payment to make for three more years.

Oh well, overall I'd say that it's a pretty good end to a LOUSY week!

Have a great weekend folks!

Last edited by John Pollman; 02-05-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Things are looking up for you; I'm glad it had a happy ending....good vibes headed your way for some more luck.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Delton, Michigan
    hope the new ride works out well for you john!! and that the work starts to roll in again as well
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Things are looking up
    Faith, Hope & Charity