Hey! It's Friday again!

The never ending shop reorg continues. Making 4 upper shop cabs tomorrow, then re-sorting/organizing, then making 16 feet of base cabs/counter. Not sure I'll get it all done.

Gotta spend some time working on music for the rpmchallenge (Ken Cook, Cynthia, and any other folks who wanna make an album in 28 days should check it out).

I really should clean my shop. We'll see if that happens. :rolleyes: I need to turn some pens for an order, so I'll probably work on them some. I actually need to re-turn four that I did the other night. I'm using a new kit that I've not done before, and the wood is super thin on the lower barrels. I had blowouts or other flaws on four out of seven that I did the other night. (There's about $25 worth of fancy blanks down the hole.) :doh: The next ones will be left a bit fatter. I've also got a few pieces of special wood calling my name to turn some higher-end pieces. I might get around to playing with a piece or two of that. And I have a few pieces to photograph, including the hollow form that tried to take my thumb off. Then there's always this box project that I've been thinking about...;)

Aww Heck yeah, forgot about the game.

Making mini deep dish pizza, nachos, and lil' smokies... Might even have a beer or two to go along with them...

Well I was going to work on my table saw cabinet but the check engine light on the jimmy came on thursday night and then my son decided he just had to go to work for some odd reason in the ice that covered our roads and totaled his car. Looks like I'll be car shopping with him this weekend and getting the jimmy fixed once I borrow the scanner from my neighbor.

I'm going to meet with up to 23 Boy Scouts (depending on how many get up in time, and remember to come). We're going to have a "Klondike Preparation Day" activity to get ready for the Klondike Derby next weekend. Yep ... I'm a Scoutmaster. :rolleyes:

This Prep Day was scheduled for 2 weeks ago, but the snow all melted! The ideal situation is to have snow on the ground, so the boys can practice pulling the sleds, working as a team, etc. We postponed for a week, but no snow last week either. :huh:

As a matter of fact, there's still no snow on the ground ... only a little where it's always shady. (Can I say that I've been just a little envious of all the snow everyone else is getting? :dunno:)

Snow or no snow, I figure it can only be a good thing to get the boys out there in the cold and learn how to work together as a team ... especially the brand new 11-year-olds ... so we're gonna do it.

The 10:00 weatherman said that we might actually get an inch or two tonight ... here's hoping! :wave:

Ye kiddin' ?
Eight inches of snow on the ground, road slikery and more snow forecast.
Church might even be cancelled tomorrow. Staying in house and vegetating again. Sure looking forward to warm weather, need outside exercise and shop time.

Not much happening here... Son is in off the road for the weekend, so after we get his truck out of the mud.. (he got stuck pulling into the yard since it rained all day yesterday..waiting for the neighbor to finish feeding livestock and bring his tractor down).. we're headed out for Chinese for lunch or dinner, depending on what time we get him out of the mud... tomorrow is Super Bowl... probably hang around the house most of the day and watch the game... LOML is making a tray of Jalapeno poppers for the game... probably only half as much since she can only see out of one eye after her surgery last Wednesday....Monday back to the doctor for post op.