OT Computer help...........again......

Ahhhh, Don, you have obviously not heard of iPhoto Library Manager! :dunno: :D

View attachment 4962

Allows you to create multiple libraries, store where you want, will even pull libraries on networked drives... I use it all the time. :thumb:

Stu could set up libraries for woodworking, motorcycles, cigars...... :rofl:

I did take a look at that Stu. I like the simple small hard working Graphic Converter. I don't care for the import database feature of iPhoto.
It's like the folks that tell you how much better WinDoze XP is than WinDoze 2000. XP has more features, granted. It's also ten times the size of 2000. 2000 is a much more solid platform.
XP is the first OS I have ever seen that while I'm sitting there working with Big Mac, it will get in fights with itself with no one touching the machine. :rofl:

DT
It's mostly a choice thingy. :thumb:

Yep, Apple rips us off on memory. Lots of other sources, cheaper and just as good. It was a little scary the time I "popped the top" on my mini, though.....LOL
I'll know that feeling soon, as soon as I find another 512mb SIMM. The problem is they need to go in pairs on the core duo, as you know. I would have preferred to get a single 512mb SIMM, but it doesn't work like that...since Apple needs to sell working machines...:(

They told me it would void the warranty and tried to steer me away, but half of the machine I own (all of the desktop/workstation/server) were put together by myself. Like I would let a few screws prevent me from opening it anyway???:dunno: I haven't opened it yet though as I haven't had a need...as soon as I get another SIMM. I could pilage another laptop, all of mine have at least 2 gig in them.

Apple has never been good about letting people open the box, to say that you void a warranty because you open the product is a bit snooty. Do the parts change by opening it? Seems funny...(not the only company that does that though).

I've always been a hacker type. If I had my way I'd have 3 or 4 of the 30" monitors.:D

Seriously though, lower power, less noise, it's all good...but don't take away *MY* power system away...:rofl: However, I do this as a profession, as you...and most users don't. Mini Mac is a great solution for that, at a reasonable price. Are you happy with yours?

Apple has never been good about letting people open the box, to say that you void a warranty because you open the product is a bit snooty.

Welll... that's not entirely true. They did briefly flirt with easy-to-open machines when they introduced the blue-and-white G3's, and the grey G4's. At the time, those were the best designed tower case I had ever seen. Flip the lever, and the side lays open with the MB right on it.

And frankly, with the way that Laptops are taking over the market, this isn't distinct to Apple any more. All laptops are tough to open and work with. (one reason that we always buy the 3yr applecare on laptops at work. that and the fac that laptops take a beating.)

Oh, and I did not know that the Core Duo's took their RAM in pairs. The firstgen mini was a bit of a pain to open, but once we did, it was a simple SDRAM swap.

...art