Who wears a WeraMouse?

Kerry Burton

My new laptop should arrive tomorrow. The speakers and wireless mouse that I ordered with it came separately, a few days ago. At about the same time, my wife "resurrected" the treadmill as one of her workout options.

I've never owned a wireless mouse before ... and my new one is still in its packaging ... but somehow it made me wonder if there might be a way to catch up on the forum while walking on the treadmill. (If I have to choose between the two, the treadmill is going to lose out every time. :eek:)

I asked around at my local electronics club / "makerspace" last night, and got some ideas (PowerPoint mouse, cobble up a Wii controller, etc) but they were either not quite what I wanted, or they would require too much work. Back at home, I did my own "Googling" and found this at http://weramouse.com:

mousebanner.jpg

Quite an intriguing idea! It's range is more than 20 feet; it won't register the swinging of my arms like a Wii controller might (someone said you can disable the accelerometers, but I'd still have to do some overall "cobbling"), and it's very compact. Hmmm! Granted, I may have to invest in a fairly large monitor / TV screen so I could read while bobbing up and down, but ...

... has anybody out there ever used one of these?

Last edited:
I mentioned that I may need to get a large monitor / TV ... but that's another area I need to research. I don't have a good feel for how far the monitor / TV convergence has come. :huh:

Will I be able to find a medium-sized "big screen" panel that I can drive from a PC as well as from a DVD player and over-the-air digital TV signals? :dunno:

If so, I can just mount the panel to a wall and set the treadmill up in front of it ... right? :thumb:

Thanks for the reply! The voice of experience is one of the better ones to listen to. :thumb:

I'm not saying that I'll give up just yet, but now I know not to expect miracles. :eek:

Kerry as i'm not into all the latest elec stuff, but i have a friend at work that is. he has a 64"(i think) flat screen on his bedroom wall that is hooked up to his laptop.I've tryed to get him to join here, as he's a good carpenter.All he cares about is the puter and his game stations. he hooked up the flat screen so he can lay in bed and play on line all night long, and then be to tired to come to work.:rofl:
Steve

You can find some TV's that have multiple types of inputs, i.e. RCA, Composite, HDMI, VGA. Just need to take a look at what types of video outputs your computer has and make sure whatever you get TV wise has a matching input...

I'm not such much into electronics, but I got a wireless mouse for my wife to use on her desktop... I didn't like it... I felt the cursor was herky-jerky and we were forever replacing batteries. She's gone back to a regular wired laser mouse... it's much better for her and me. I also use a laser mouse on my desk top...

I have a cast off lap top that my step son gave me, but I don't like the keyboard, so it sits in the closet... it's pretty well used.. the batteries aren't good and it will cost more for batteries than the Laptop is worth... plus he dropped it off his bunk in the truck (he's a long haul driver) and the disc reader doesn't work, so it's difficult to load new programs... sometimes it works off the jump drive and sometimes it doesn't... as much as I dislike my Dell desktop, it's working so guess I'll stick with it until it dies.