Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Results

Super Bowl Results

Haven't seen any comments this morning on the SB... everyone happy with the outcome?? I thought it was a pretty good game interrupted by waaaaaay too many commercials which were mediocre at best and the half time was a waste... I even turned the sound off so I could concentrate on the computer during half time. Even the critics panned the half time show as the worst ever.

I didn't catch it myself, but understand that the national anthem was murdered - again - seem like most of the big name stars that do it try to put some kind of "artistic" spin on it or forget the words... you'd think that if they don't know the song, they would brush up on it a little before hand. Granted I could not sing it through, but then I can't carry a tune in a bushel basket...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Haven't seen any comments this morning on the SB... everyone happy with the outcome??

I was entertained by the game, and happy with the outcome (was not rooting for a particular team)

I thought it was a pretty good game interrupted by waaaaaay too many commercials which were mediocre at best and the half time was a waste... I even turned the sound off so I could concentrate on the computer during half time.

I enjoyed most of the commercials - and some less than others. The Darth Vader was very cute.

Even the critics panned the half time show as the worst ever.

I thought the show was OK, but there were a lot of audio problems. Probably sounded better at the stadium. I have seen half time shows I enjoyed less.

I didn't catch it myself, but understand that the national anthem was murdered - again - seem like most of the big name stars that do it try to put some kind of "artistic" spin on it or forget the words... you'd think that if they don't know the song, they would brush up on it a little before hand. Granted I could not sing it through, but then I can't carry a tune in a bushel basket...

I missed this one, but I like a stirring rendition of our national anthem. Sometimes it comes from the standard, but I have enjoyed other interpretations as well. Things could get boring if nothing ever changed...

Even the pros can forget words or lose their place. It can happen to anyone. Glad someone was paying attention. I wonder how many would have picked it up if no one pointed it out?

I didn't have a team in the game, so I too just wanted a 'good' game; ie not a blowout. I Suppose I had a sentimental favorite player, I wanted Aaron Rodgers to get his first suberbowl win, so that the ghost of No. 4 could begin to fade into the past.

No major injuries (Woodson aside), and not a lot of penalties that I recall.

As for the anthem, it was glaringly obvious, in the midst of her sultry stylistic attempt to belt out the song, she forgot an entire verse. Not 'a' word, but an entire line; 'O'er the ramparts we watched', I dunno, pro or not, that's pretty hard to gloss over, I've heard some celebs who mangle Take Me out to the Ball Game do a better job than that, in that they at least had all the words down.

I thought the commercials were very average to sub par, +1 on the Darth Vader one being cute.

Bring on the baseball season! Pitchers and Catchers report next Tuesday!
    -Ned

They should make famous people audition for the anthem and not presume...it was horrible.

Let's get NASCAR going. The last three months have been painful to get through

Half Time will go down as the worst ever.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Im sick and tired of everyone trying to put their own "spin" on our national anthem.
    PUt your own spin on a song you wrote or on some pop song, not our national anthem.
    Its ridiculous already, and I wish people would stop disrespecting something that DOES NOT NEED CHANGE!

If people are getting sick and tired of others making blonde jokes, well, need I say more.

Ms. Aguilera, as I read this morning, claims she got so caught up in the moment, and lost her place.
    Maybe someone should have explained to her, she isnt doing a concert, she is honoring our nation by singing our national anthem that many hold dear to themselves.

besides, that kid from Glee sounded better anyway.
    Last edited by allen levine; 02-07-2011 at 07:31 PM.

I very much liked the outcome of the game. My daughter enjoyed the first half, along with a blue sucker (look at her teeth ) but it was a school night so she went to bed before it was all over. I thought the commercials were pretty lame, so was the halftime show (most are) and the anthem was just horrible.

But the Pack did win so it was a great night for sure!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p_00073.jpg  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    Im sick and tired of everyone trying to put their own "spin" on our national anthem.
    PUt your own spin on a song you wrote or on some pop song, not our national anthem.
    Its ridiculous already, and I wish people would stop disrespecting something that DOES NOT NEED CHANGE!

If people are getting sick and tired of others making blonde jokes, well, need I say more.

Ms. Aguilera, as I read this morning, claims she got so caught up in the moment, and lost her place.
    Maybe someone should have explained to her, she isnt doing a concert, she is honoring our nation by singing our national anthem that many hold dear to themselves.

PERFECTLY put Mr. Levine!!
    Every child deserves a family. Adopt. Foster. Get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post

You read my mind but said it a lot better than I could
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Chris Hatfield is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Disappointed in the result, but not dejected.

Loved the Passat Darth Vader commercial.

As for the anthem, it's such a horrible song to sing, people feel the need to make it more melodic. Missed where she goofed, but at least it wasn't Carl Lewis.

The halftime show was far from the worst ever. Some technical problems, and they were a bit stiff. But at least I didn't have to worry about someone grabbing their crotch (pre wardrobe malfunction) or dropping dead onstage (post).