Super Bowl Results

Chuck Ellis

Haven't seen any comments this morning on the SB... everyone happy with the outcome?? I thought it was a pretty good game interrupted by waaaaaay too many commercials which were mediocre at best and the half time was a waste... I even turned the sound off so I could concentrate on the computer during half time. Even the critics panned the half time show as the worst ever.

I didn't catch it myself, but understand that the national anthem was murdered - again - seem like most of the big name stars that do it try to put some kind of "artistic" spin on it or forget the words... you'd think that if they don't know the song, they would brush up on it a little before hand. Granted I could not sing it through, but then I can't carry a tune in a bushel basket...

Haven't seen any comments this morning on the SB... everyone happy with the outcome??

I was entertained by the game, and happy with the outcome (was not rooting for a particular team)

I thought it was a pretty good game interrupted by waaaaaay too many commercials which were mediocre at best and the half time was a waste... I even turned the sound off so I could concentrate on the computer during half time.

I enjoyed most of the commercials - and some less than others. The Darth Vader was very cute.

Even the critics panned the half time show as the worst ever.

I thought the show was OK, but there were a lot of audio problems. Probably sounded better at the stadium. I have seen half time shows I enjoyed less.

I didn't catch it myself, but understand that the national anthem was murdered - again - seem like most of the big name stars that do it try to put some kind of "artistic" spin on it or forget the words... you'd think that if they don't know the song, they would brush up on it a little before hand. Granted I could not sing it through, but then I can't carry a tune in a bushel basket...

I missed this one, but I like a stirring rendition of our national anthem. Sometimes it comes from the standard, but I have enjoyed other interpretations as well. Things could get boring if nothing ever changed...

Even the pros can forget words or lose their place. It can happen to anyone. Glad someone was paying attention. I wonder how many would have picked it up if no one pointed it out?

I didn't have a team in the game, so I too just wanted a 'good' game; ie not a blowout. I Suppose I had a sentimental favorite player, I wanted Aaron Rodgers to get his first suberbowl win, so that the ghost of No. 4 could begin to fade into the past.

No major injuries (Woodson aside), and not a lot of penalties that I recall.

As for the anthem, it was glaringly obvious, in the midst of her sultry stylistic attempt to belt out the song, she forgot an entire verse. Not 'a' word, but an entire line; 'O'er the ramparts we watched', I dunno, pro or not, that's pretty hard to gloss over, I've heard some celebs who mangle Take Me out to the Ball Game do a better job than that, in that they at least had all the words down.

I thought the commercials were very average to sub par, +1 on the Darth Vader one being cute.

Bring on the baseball season! Pitchers and Catchers report next Tuesday!

Im sick and tired of everyone trying to put their own "spin" on our national anthem.
PUt your own spin on a song you wrote or on some pop song, not our national anthem.
Its ridiculous already, and I wish people would stop disrespecting something that DOES NOT NEED CHANGE!

If people are getting sick and tired of others making blonde jokes, well, need I say more.

Ms. Aguilera, as I read this morning, claims she got so caught up in the moment, and lost her place.
Maybe someone should have explained to her, she isnt doing a concert, she is honoring our nation by singing our national anthem that many hold dear to themselves.

besides, that kid from Glee sounded better anyway.

Last edited:
I very much liked the outcome of the game. My daughter enjoyed the first half, along with a blue sucker (look at her teeth :eek:) but it was a school night so she went to bed before it was all over. I thought the commercials were pretty lame, so was the halftime show (most are) and the anthem was just horrible.

But the Pack did win so it was a great night for sure! :thumb:

Attachments

• p_00073.jpg
    p_00073.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 12
Im sick and tired of everyone trying to put their own "spin" on our national anthem.
PUt your own spin on a song you wrote or on some pop song, not our national anthem.
Its ridiculous already, and I wish people would stop disrespecting something that DOES NOT NEED CHANGE!

If people are getting sick and tired of others making blonde jokes, well, need I say more.

Ms. Aguilera, as I read this morning, claims she got so caught up in the moment, and lost her place.
Maybe someone should have explained to her, she isnt doing a concert, she is honoring our nation by singing our national anthem that many hold dear to themselves.

PERFECTLY put Mr. Levine!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

You read my mind but said it a lot better than I could :thumb::thumb:

Disappointed in the result, but not dejected.

Loved the Passat Darth Vader commercial.

As for the anthem, it's such a horrible song to sing, people feel the need to make it more melodic. Missed where she goofed, but at least it wasn't Carl Lewis.

The halftime show was far from the worst ever. Some technical problems, and they were a bit stiff. But at least I didn't have to worry about someone grabbing their crotch (pre wardrobe malfunction) or dropping dead onstage (post).

Well Allen i aint even American and i spotted that mistake. I sing along when its sung and boy you said it. Man it was enough to make a monkey bite its mother.

As for the game, well i had hoped Packers would win cause my son is a die hard supporter.

I thought Steelers would win and at times they seem to muster the momentum but as a youngster sitting with us watching it said you cannot win a Superbowl with three intereceptions.

I was not that impressed by Ben.:(

Packers need some recievers that can catch a ball and hold onto it.:D

As for the half time show yup even in Canada on our feed the sound was terrible. Initially we all thought it was the satelite but it was not cause we got decent sound when the commentators were on.

And we miss all the commercials they black em out with others that are sold up here and we seen em all before so it was break time for us when the commercials came on.

Friend of mine had us over and he made real good chili and jambalaya :thumb:

Good game. I didn't have a dog in the hunt, and was glad it wasn't a blowout.

Christina sang the anthem about like I expected she would, although the missing words were a bonus. I agree with Allen. Go embellish something else, and just sing the dang song.

Halftime was a waste of electricity. The audio problems were largely related to the input at the microphones. All the Auto-Tune in the world can't fix bad singing/yelling. I know the Black Eyed Peas are capable of producing entertaining music, but they sure didn't show it yesterday, in my opinion. Fergie in particular can sing, but for this show about all she did was yell. (Credit to the BEP though for actually trying to do it live instead of lip-syncing it.) And oh wait, let's trot out Slash in hopes of broadening out the demographics a bit. He repeated all eight notes of the guitar riff that made him famous just fine. He just plays another cartoon character like the BEP folks are. And just in case you didn't have enough Auto-Tune yet, here's Usher. :rolleyes:

The commercials were a mix of good and bad. I liked the Darth Vader kid, and cheered at the end of the Roseanne Barr Snickers commercial. The Doritos ad execs should ease up on the drugs, but a few of theirs were entertaining to watch. Apparently Pepsi Max is best suited as a projectile. Seeing Ozzy Osborne and Justin Bieber lampoon themselves was kinda fun. And now Chevy has a car that does live Facebook updates as you drive. I grieve for humanity. :doh:

For those like Rob who were unable to see the commercials, they can be found here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/super-bowl-commercials-2011

the volkswagon beetle commercial was good and had very good looking critters in it..those praying mantis'es and the beetle doing a spin move was refreshing compared to the licking dorities ads..

I found this actual, unretouched photo of the halftime show:

trainwreck1.jpg

(Credit to the BEP though for actually trying to do it live instead of lip-syncing it.)

My feelings exactly. They mess up the audio, they make mistakes, and people complain. But some of those same people complain if it looks like they're lip-syncing pre-recorded music. :dunno:

My sympathies go out to anyone who does live performances. I find it really easy to make mistakes in front of a hundred people. Can't imagine what it would be like knowing a hundred million were listening! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

They should make famous people audition for the anthem and not presume...it was horrible.

Let's get NASCAR going. The last three months have been painful to get through :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Daytona is getting busy now..I think Arca races Sat I believe. Not Nascar but close enough for me!

Actually I have lost a lot of interest in Nascar as they continue to lock out the small players..

My feelings exactly. They mess up the audio, they make mistakes, and people complain. But some of those same people complain if it looks like they're lip-syncing pre-recorded music. :dunno:

My sympathies go out to anyone who does live performances. I find it really easy to make mistakes in front of a hundred people. Can't imagine what it would be like knowing a hundred million were listening! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I do think its a pretty difficult venue to perform in. Probably hard to hear and see, and I think the staff working the soundboard let them down.

Still, not exactly my cup of tea and trotting out slash just seemed completely random. I'm just not a fan of the whole auto-tune thing.

I just wished I'd have remembered to switch it over to the puppy bowl for their half time show :rofl:

I'm not a huge football fan, but I thought it was a pretty decent game. Didn't really care who won...

Daytona is getting busy now..I think Arca races Sat I believe. Not Nascar but close enough for me!

Actually I have lost a lot of interest in Nascar as they continue to lock out the small players..
Garry i can't what, just wish i was my son, as he's headed down there wed. He will be working the races for 12 days.:thumb: He don't know exactly what he'll be doimng yet. he'll find out when he gets there. There's 20 of them going from the church he goes to in Memphis.
Steve