Bowtie Longwood

Les Elm

Double Twist in a Chrome plating dressed up in a piece of Walnut Burl.
Sanded to 400x, buffed with Super Fine Steel Wool and applied 6 coats of MINWAX Clear Gloss Polyurethane with no buffing or polishing on the finish required.

Twisting the nib either clock-wise or counter clock-wise extends or retracts the refill.
Turning the nib fully counter clock-wise will unscrew the Twist Holder from the Twist Mechanism to assess the refill.

Les

vqhdft.jpg

198nsi.jpg

2zpt7yf.jpg

m8efpw.jpg

2cp47cj.jpg

Last edited:
That's a big ol' pen that really looks nice Les. Have you gotten any feedback on how folks like them? And...do you apply the poly, spinning or wipe it on static? I just picked some up based on your finishes and want to get it right!

That's a big ol' pen that really looks nice Les. Have you gotten any feedback on how folks like them? And...do you apply the poly, spinning or wipe it on static? I just picked some up based on your finishes and want to get it right!

Thanks Jim,

I have sold a few of them all ready. My customers like the Longwood effect that really shows off the wood and the grain pattern is not broken with a Center Band.

Have a look at my Tutorial on finishing pen blanks with MINWAX, it should answer all your questions.

Les