Ill ask one more time about shorts

ya think?

Im pressed for room and alot of the longer boards in that pic are the split pieces of sycamore, if Jim wants to cut around them, or else he can stoke someones firepit with them. And alot of the other long boards were worm hole ash I messed up resawing. He turns also, so at least he has enough to practice with, and now I have alot of free space and I appreciate him making the trip, and he did all the schlepping.

Last edited:
ya think?

Im pressed for room and alot of the longer boards in that pic are the split pieces of sycamore, if Jim wants to cut around them, or else he can stoke someones firepit with them. And alot of the other long boards were worm hole ash I messed up resawing. He turns also, so at least he has enough to practice with, and now I have alot of free space and I appreciate him making the trip, and he did all the schlepping.

Sounds like a win-win for everyone involved. Well done. :thumb:

As anyone who has traveled with a wife and 2 kids in a minivan knows that the the picture below is not a viable solution for a 4 hour car trip. :doh:

attachment.php

I have to cull through the load and determine what I can fit in the car to bring down to Dave.

I talked to Dave today and we will finalize the details of the transfer later in the week. He invited me to his shop for a tour which sounds like a good plan.

It was good to see Allen again and I got a quick tour of his finishing room and saw some of his work in person. All very nice work. FYI - He had a glue up sitting in clamps on the dining room table.

Cheers

Jim

Last edited:
As anyone who has traveled with a wife and 2 kids in a minivan knows that the the picture below is not a viable solution for a 4 hour car trip. :doh:...

I see a trailer hitch on the mini van. A small u-Haul should hold two kids no problem. :D Or there's always the roof rack. Weather is supposed to be warming up, and it'll only be four hours. :p

my wife complained about that also, but I ran out of surface space large enough for that glueup last night. gotta keep busy.I covered the dining table with an old tablecloth first.

Last edited: