snow

We had this in East Central Kansas this morning.

Feb92011.jpg

I spent about 2.5 hours playing, I mean clearing neighborhood driveways and clearing a path down the street.

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

Ike

Wow Charles wheres that picture come from? Is it real of photoshop special?

shopped Rob look at the trees. :thumb:

Not so fast! Here are some pics of me and my motorcycle last June (yes, June!) going over Beartooth Highway out of Yellowstone:

A590_1246_BeartoothHwy_NearTheTop_Kerry.jpg

A590_1245_BeartoothHwy_NearTheTop_Suzuki.jpg

The poles sticking out of the snow in the second picture are to give the snowplow operators some idea of where the road is when it gets REALLY deep. :eek:

I tried to re-find an amazing set of photos that the Montana DOT posted last year, showing the daily progress of the road clearing effort in the spring, but no luck. [EDIT: Found it HERE. Check out May 3rd!] However, I did find the following photo posted by someone on another forum ... taken near Stryn, Norway in late May 2005. (I totally believe it!)

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic41586.jpg

I am suspicious about one thing in the original photo though. How could the plows do such a precise job without the help of those tall poles? (I couldn't detect any.)

Last edited:
shopped Rob look at the trees. :thumb:

I don't think it's shopped. The little trees look the the tops of larger trees to me. I've seen two versions of this pic, though. This one, and one that's flipped horizontally where they're driving on the right side of the road.

Frank you don't have much snow, how would you like to have something like this?:rofl:

That is real, it is here in Japan, it is called the >> Tateyama Alpine Route <<

Here is a video of them cleaning the roads.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtCntPsOGE

They get 20 meters, that is over 65 FEET of snow a year in this mountain pass :eek:

When the big snow blowers break down the go back to the old fashioned methods..........

giant-robot-removes-snow-from-the-road.jpg

:D

BTW Frank, nice dusting of snow you got there!

They are predicting one more for us tonight... it was clear and sunny earlier today.. kinda overcast now so may the weather guessers a getting closer.

Well, the weather guessers got it right... we had about a 2 inch dusting of snow last night... the roads were still warm enough it didn't stick, but the grass and roof tops are covered...