A Chisel Sharpening learning experience

Rob Keeble

I dont have a blog but thought my little story on this subject might help some others so i wrote it up and took a few photos and put it a pdf. I will have to send it to one of the admin to get it uploaded since the pdf once one includes pics goes over the limit of the 150K for a pdf to be uploaded.

Here is the start as a teaser the rest you can read in the pdf if you interested.:)

Take note of the title, for I did not say “learning how to sharpen a chisel” or “gaining experience by sharpening a chisel”. My aim here is to share my experience gained from sharpening and testing a chisel so others might benefit by comparing their experience.

Starting out in woodworking my Dad gave me all his second world war Royal Navy chisels. These were in pretty poor condition so one of my first tasks was to make new handles for them, clean off the rust and scale and then sharpen them. ...............see the rest in the pdf if i can get it uploaded.

Sorry for the delay, i should have checked before sending it off, we have to wait for Darren to log in and check his FWW mail. I should have seen Vaughn is on and sent it to him.:) I am sure they will get it on in a while.;)

thanks rob very well done,,, and its one thing to read it in a book but when someone yu know has done it and you see there uncensored results its another level of information:thumb::thumb: