I brought her home and my wife was totally cool with it

I found this on Craigslist. It was listed for $200. Seller's house was about 7 minutes drive from my home.

Seller was a really nice guy. He had just upgraded to the DVR version. He got it from his boss as a gift. (I'd love to work at his company.). He also showed me some of his beautiful turnings and the guitar which was partially segmented turned.

Seller was eager to make space for the new lathe and wanted to get rid of the 1624 as soon as possible. He sold it to me for $150.

It is in fair condition. It has glue/grime stuck on the body but the bed is clean. Runs smooth though. It does not come with the stand as he is using it with the DVR lathe. It comes with the live center, spur center, extra belt, 3" face plate and hand wheel which costs about $30.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I brought it home

First of all I would like to say I HATE YOU :( Hey just kiddin,that is one heck of a deal,I pd 800.00 for mine about 3 yrs ago an love it.WTG :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Congrats on a great buy. I like that the motor is out in the open, should run cooler. Also, the motor not being under the bed, shouldn't get as covered with shavings. Look forward to seeing what the two of you create!

Were you wearing a mask when you stole that thing? :D That's definitely in the lead for the Deal of the Week. :thumb: You could buy a 3 phase motor and VFD controller to put on it and still would have spent less than that lathe typically sells for used.

Congrats, and may it serve you well. :clap:

SWEET a great addition to your new shop Mohammad:thumb::thumb::thumb: I have seen what you have created in the past so I am really excited on what you create in your own new shop:)