BESSY knows the definition!!

larry merlau

Of SERVICE!!! i had alot trouble gettin some longer clamps when i was making the sleigh bed a year or so back.. they were coming threw a distributor, that didnt know packing methods well!! had them come in broke three times 4 clamps and every time they cam in broke in some form or another.. the distributor gave up and said they weren't carrying them anymore and gave me a full refund and i ordered them one more time from another place.. they got three out of 4 to me with usable parts..enough to make 3 workable.. well i noticed that the guy with the neat shop this week had some Bessy clamps,, as in lots of them i asked how he got his there in one piece? he told me he had trouble as well and had contacted the company.. he gave me some info to contact so i wrote the person and told him my story.. i was not asking for a new clamp just relaying my info and asked about a banner for the shop and offered to pay for it.. well i got a return email that he was sending out a banner and a new head for the clamp that was broke.. i was elated:):) and today the boxes came and he done more than just a head and banner he gave me some new gadgets for the clamps and no charge and he reaffirmed my beliefs that good company's will give good service and that any of us looking for clamps need to give BESSY a look and i give them a big attah boy for great service above and beyond!!!
tn_BESSY parts 001.jpg

tn_BESSY parts 002.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together. See the woodworking gods are smiling on you today.:thumb::thumb:;)

If Bessey is good but Larry have you looked at the Jet version. I like the quick release lever Jet has.

Great service though and that has to count for something today.:clap::clap::clap:

Maybe the day will come when others realize the benefits.

That's good service indeed. :thumb: I'm partial to the yellow Gross Stabil clamps, but they're no longer made, so I've got some Besseys on the rack, too.

Larry

I have a bunch of the old style Besseys. I have never broken one in years of abuse. I do some very large glueups and so get in a hurry sometimes and have dropped them many times with no damage. Are the new ones not so tough? I would like a few more, but if I need to I'll find old ones.

One thing I see they changed that I like is the handle. the old ones were hard to grip. I took a chisel and carved flats on mine on three sides so I could get them tight enough.

Larry

I have a bunch of the old style Besseys. I have never broken one in years of abuse. I do some very large glueups and so get in a hurry sometimes and have dropped them many times with no damage. Are the new ones not so tough? I would like a few more, but if I need to I'll find old ones.

One thing I see they changed that I like is the handle. the old ones were hard to grip. I took a chisel and carved flats on mine on three sides so I could get them tight enough.

from what i saw it was it was done in the transport of the product to me Larry,, and i agree i have dropped mine as well and i got concrete floors with mats but as usually they seem to find the hard spots.. so i think some one had to really mess up with them and i too like the new handles i got a decent grip but the new handles are nice.:thumb:

it doesnt come as any surprise to me bessey stands behind their product and has good customer service. Id expect any company geared towards a certain clientele with limited products, would handle problems appropiately and quickly.
When I had a slight problem with the Jet mortiser, it was taken care of immediately.
None of us should expect differently with top companies.

Or, maybe someone at bessey realized and blurted out to the top guy, holy moly! this is the ambassador, lets get our stuff together for this guy!

That's great to hear Larry! In fact, customer service is one of the first things I look at when trying to decide what products to buy. Bessey made things right, and now you have some cool accessories! Not to mention a great banner. :D

Hutch

It influenced my decision to by some bessey clamps today!

Ok, just the small el-cheapo corner clamps, but hey, clamps is clamps.. :thumb: