Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it Friday???

Nova Scotia, 45N 64W

Isn't it Friday???

So, what's going on?
    (Sorry for poaching on someone's reserve, but idle minds want to know

Outside the beltway
    Staying in , ordering a movie and dinner and going to relax !
    Delivery early AM Saturday and 2 pick ups on the way out of DC
    Sunday church , Movie with the wife out.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Reno NV
    Well, Just got the top of my workbench and table saw cleared off and the rest of the nasty old garage shelves ripped out and my new base cabs and counters put in.

With the tablesaw being in a useable mode, that means I can get started on more shelves and the drawers!

And since it is February, I need to get to making some music to hold up my end of our groups

Gotta come up with 2 songs by Sunday...

Oh and have to probably do a little work/work each morning just to stay caught up.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Spent this morning and early afternoon with my son at the VA hospital.

Nothing on tap for the weekend except shop time

Going to hang new pegboard, start on the wine cabinet/table for my daughter, and make a new crosscut sled. I need a 3-1/4" hole for the wine bottle rest. Can't decide if I want to buy a forstner bit to do it or just cut them out on the BS and finish on the spindle sander.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Nova Scotia, 45N 64W
    With the bookcase now in the "finishing room" (upstairs bedroom), going to work on a couple little workshop organising jobs, maybe some drawers in the long-unfinished router table. Gradually making a place for everything. At the same time, see if I can make a little Kobo (Chapters variation of a Kindle) case out of that curly ash. Think I'll do a mock-up first.
    And, there's always barn work.The shovel and wheelbarrow kind.

ABQ NM
    Need to do a real shop cleaning tonight and/or Saturday, since I have a newbie coming by Sunday for a little lathe mentoring, after which we're both going to the local turning club meeting. Come to think of it, I need to prep a few blanks for the mentoring adventure. Also have a few pens to get turned...the second try on the ones I messed up a few days ago.

Then there's this box thing I need to get moving on. I know what I want to try making...just need to jig up to do it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Kansas City, Missouri
    Sat by the pool today after I finished classes and soaked up some sun. Been mostly late night and early mornings the past few days, so sleeping in for a bit before going to meet with Don and Carol. Soaking up more sun. My nephew is coming up from Tuscon Sunday to visit, then might try to fit in a trip to the Phoenix zoo. and Soaking up more sun Monday and Tuesday before I head home.

On a brighter note (pun intended) weather is suppose to be in the 60's back home when I return. Much better than the 6 degrees when I left.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Lapeer, Mi.
    Fishing club is having a meet&greet and fishing contest on the ice at Lk. St.Clair Sunday, I scrolled the plaque for the winner (cant figure out how to post a pic) plenty of food and good people on the ice
    Last edited by Mike Wagner; 02-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    I've got a pile of wood out by the shop that has reached the "point of no turn" so I've ordered a burn permit for the weekend and will spend the day heating the air around here... it was 28 when I got up this morning, but if I stand close enought to the fire, I can stay warm. Thought I might work on the cabinet I am building to go under the lathe for chucks and fittings, but it's int he shop and too far from the fire.
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Designing a cover for my book. I have decided to publish with Amazon books and their Kindle. Also need to write some intro pages then figure out their submission system.
    Tonight taking wifey out to dinner for her birthday.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire