Frank Pellow published???

Jim O'Dell

Well, sort of. I just received an email newsletter from the Tool Crib. They have an article on SCMS and stated that they had posted a question to Woodnet and to Family Woodworking with links. Then below there is a write up on our very own Frank Pellow and his documentation of building his workshop! VERY COOL!!
Congrats Frank! Jim.

My stats show we've sent over 400 folks to FamilyWoodworking to check out Frank's book so far...

As a writer I was blown away by the amount and quality of writing he'd done, plus I thought it was cool how he'd asked for help in forums and now has over 20 guys who have told him they've made changes in their shops because of his book.

The newsletter went out today and so far the link to FW is the most clicked :)

Here's the link to the email newsletter if you guys are interested in checking it out:
http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:8818.510231058/rid:8fe0483d821d8395e9dcb5ed9df89aaa

Thanks to Frank for making public such a valuable resource.

G

I guess after writing about "The SQL aggregate functions and the GROUP BY operator produce zero-dimensional or one-dimensional aggregates..." Frank was happy to take on a little bitty 200 page woodshop writing project: :type:

Well, sort of. I just received an email newsletter from the Tool Crib. They have an article on SCMS and stated that they had posted a question to Woodnet and to Family Woodworking with links. Then below there is a write up on our very own Frank Pellow and his documentation of building his workshop! VERY COOL!!
Congrats Frank! Jim.
Thanks Jim. It’s not quite like being published, but I am glad that my journal is getting both the distribution and the response that it is.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Good for Frank
Thanks Steve!

My stats show we've sent over 400 folks to FamilyWoodworking to check out Frank's book so far...
As a writer I was blown away by the amount and quality of writing he'd done, plus I thought it was cool how he'd asked for help in forums and now has over 20 guys who have told him they've made changes in their shops because of his book.
The newsletter went out today and so far the link to FW is the most clicked :)
Here's the link to the email newsletter if you guys are interested in checking it out:
http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:8818.510231058/rid:8fe0483d821d8395e9dcb5ed9df89aaa
Thanks to Frank for making public such a valuable resource.
G
I very much appreciate your enthusiastic support Garrett.

WOW Matt, imagine digging that up! I am amazed. In a previous life, I did write many technical papers and manuals. But, I enjoy what I am writing now much more.

I guess after writing about "The SQL aggregate functions and the GROUP BY operator produce zero-dimensional or one-dimensional aggregates..." Frank was happy to take on a little bitty 200 page woodshop writing project: :type:
Right you are Garrett!

What do you know? Frank's a gentleman and a scholar too:thumb:
Thanks for sharing all this Frank, I'll bet the family is very proud, especially the grandkids!:thumb: :D :D
I do try to be a gentleman and used to be somewhat of a scholar. I don’t miss the scholastic stuff very much –woodworking is much more fun. :D

WOW Matt, imagine digging that up! I am amazed. In a previous life, I did write many technical papers and manuals. But, I enjoy what I am writing now much more.

I remember you saying before that you worked for Microsoft and IBM--and coming across your name in some SQL Server article or documentation, probably when I was looking for information on data cubes. You show up a lot if you google your name and SQL Server. Microsoft even used your name in an example in some Office documentation :)

Thanks Tod, Bill, Scott, Dave, and Chris.

Bill, you are right that the pay is not great. But I am enjoying writing about woodworking and construction much more than I enjoyed writing about computer related things (and those things I did get paid for).

Yes Dave, I did design, implement, and write about some parts of Microsoft Office.