Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy Timberwolf bandsaw blade

Where do you buy Timberwolf bandsaw blade

Who usually has the best prices on Timberwolf blades?
    Also intrested in which tooth style you use...they have several.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

I just call them and order. They are good about recommendations for your saw size and purpose. My standard arsenal is 3/4" 2-3T for resaw, 1/4" 7T and 12T for curves IIRC. I keep 2 of each around and as one starts to age I order another so I always have a backup.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

The Timberwolf blades are good blades, but for about the same price as a single Timberwolf, I get three or so of the flexback 3tpi hook tooth blades from Ellis. In my experience, the Ellis blades are as good or better than the Timberwolf blades - and I've gone through a number of both - just one third the price. They do have a minimum $50 order, and you have to do it over the phone (no web ordering), but for the cost of two or three Timberwolf blades you can get 8 or 9 Ellis blades. Bandsaw blades are expendables like sandpaper, so having a few on hand is not a bad thing.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    The Timberwolf blades are good blades, but for about the same price as a single Timberwolf, I get three or so of the flexback 3tpi hook tooth blades from Ellis. In my experience, the Ellis blades are as good or better than the Timberwolf blades - and I've gone through a number of both - just one third the price. They do have a minimum $50 order, and you have to do it over the phone (no web ordering), but for the cost of two or three Timberwolf blades you can get 8 or 9 Ellis blades. Bandsaw blades are expendables like sandpaper, so having a few on hand is not a bad thing.
    I just looked at their website... I didn't see a pricing guide or price list... do you know if they have one on line or do I need to call for prices??
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    I just looked at their website... I didn't see a pricing guide or price list... do you know if they have one on line or do I need to call for prices??
    You need to call for prices. As I recall, the 105 inch 1/2" 3tpi flexback blades were somewhere between $7 and $8 each when I last purchased from them. And like I said, they have a minimum order, but they do allow you to mix different blades so you can get a variety.

workingwoods.com

Tom i think the Tiberwolf is the same as Tufftooth anyhow just for another reference we have a place here in Canada called R&D Bandsaws. And they do a special every now and then take a look if you interested. I had good luck with the last lot of got from them but thats because of shipping fees for me.
    cheers

Vaughn, I just called Ellis to place an order and wanted to update this thread. A 105 inch length, 1/4 inch flexback 4 tooth hook blade costs $24.35 as quoted by the gentelman on the phone. So that is not much savings over the Timberwolf blades. He did say there was a $50.00 minimum. I decided to pass and will probable just order the Timberwolf blades instead.

UPDATE: I just ordered blades from this place that has a BUY 2 get 1 free deal going on right now. so that's bout as good as I'm going to find right now.
    http://www.suffolkmachinery.com
    Last edited by Tom Baugues; 02-14-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Tom, that is a great special. I just bought 93.5 inch, 1/2" 3 positive claw timberwolf from Grizzly. The main reason I get it from Grizzly is I can walk or drive over there and get one. Beats waiting for delivery.

Here is the link to the first page of the catalog for the timberwolfs. Click to next pages to see different sizes.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2011/Main/118
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    Pricing is here: http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/swed...-steel-prices/

They currently have a buy 2 get 1 free offer going.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Baugues View Post
    Vaughn, I just called Ellis to place an order and wanted to update this thread. A 105 inch length, 1/4 inch flexback 4 tooth hook blade costs $24.35 as quoted by the gentelman on the phone...
    Dang. That's a HUGE change from what I paid about a year and a half ago.

Edited to add...

OK, I just called Ellis, and Tom, the guy you talked to was confused. He quoted you a price for a bimetal blade, not the flexback. Here's the scoop I got:

1/4" 4tpi x 105" flexback: List price $10.74, selling price $8.38
    1/2" 3tpi x 105" flexback: List price $11.32, selling price $8.79
    1/4" 10/14tpi x 105" bimetal: List price $31.xx (I missed the number he said), selling price $24.35

So there ya go.

workingwoods.com