Hey Brent

So how did I do?

picture.php

Errr i can see a ........ and a ...........now there is a ..........missing and a .......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pass, now you getting like Larry so neat and perfect no one will hire you for the time it takes for you to bend those wires so square.:rofl::rofl::thumb:

That's the way the teacher wants it done. He says it's a signature. At one time, in the past, he could open a panel and tell who wired the house. A little tell tale sign here and there. All about pride and craftsmanship.

Now there is no pride, just slam bang and done.

Looks good Steve:thumb: Way more care than I take when I do it. But not quite as much care as 2 of our better electricians. For them you have some un-level wires and the bend is to big in some and the wires on the bottom are not bent at a 90.
But like I said way better than I and a lot of others real electricians do.
One of the best guys I have seen goes so far as to label each wire in the box.:thumb: Looks real sharp and you know what each breaker does with out having to look at the cover.

steve, that purdy...:thumb:

Don Stole what I was gonna say!

That looks really nice to me! I wired up the subpanel in my old garage and tried do make things look good. Nowhere near as nice as that!

Our current panel just scares me to look at it.... :eek:

That's the way the teacher wants it done. He says it's a signature. At one time, in the past, he could open a panel and tell who wired the house. A little tell tale sign here and there. All about pride and craftsmanship.

Now there is no pride, just slam bang and done.

Theres a lot of similarity to that and to writing code for living... I can look at someones code and it tells me a lot about that person... I just wish I could live up to my own standards sometimes! :rolleyes:

Looks good Steve:thumb: One of the best guys I have seen goes so far as to label each wire in the box.:thumb: Looks real sharp and you know what each breaker does with out having to look at the cover.

Chuck that is something i have always thought should have been in the code. Along with a wiring diagram for the house of the whatever.

When i first started work as a trainee back in the days when we still did wirewrap (yeah remember that guys) on the back of printed circuit board enclosure racks and large mimic panels with instruments and led indicators and switches, we would have to mark and identify all the wires and then have a schematic to show the hookups. I could never understand why something like a house has not had to have that.:dunno: There is so much done in the name of "safety" but when the house gets handed over, good luck to the homeowner.

Great-looking work, Steve. :thumb: I saw the same too-long wire Don did on the second breaker from the bottom on the right, but the rest looked so good I decided to let it slide. :p

What?? This is how it's supposed to be done?

I thought this was the way it was to be done!:eek::eek::rofl::rofl:

Yep, next project for the house..:doh: Previous owner thought they knew how to wire.:doh::doh:

That panel you did looks great! Good job. Too few people take pride in what they do now days.

Attachments

• Panel1.1.jpg
    Panel1.1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 43
...At one time, in the past, he could open a panel and tell who wired the house. A little tell tale sign here and there. All about pride and craftsmanship...

Interesting - AND TRUE!

Last week, I had a whole house surge protector installed. The electrician opened up my 21 year old panel, and said "Ellis Electric did a very good job on this, but somebody was a little sloppy wiring in the sub panel breaker."

He was right. The original electrical contractor was Ellis. I don't know who added the sub panel, but they just ran the wires withoug squaring them off, etc. Easy to tell is was different as soon as you looked.

Brian, I think i would just put the cover back on and buy a new house. Is that tucked back into the other wall?

Yep! I've got to put in a new box and move it over about 12".
What class/school are to taking to learn this? Is this for an electrical license you are going for or just for your own knowledge?

I may have to do the same, it's always good to learn something new!