wood art, flatwork? FINISHED

thanx for the kind comments.
Maybe someone can give me a hint how to mount this on a wall without any mounting bracket showing? Im thinking something like a small metal cleat?

its pretty wood, whatever it is. I spent yesterday afternoon after the DOT visit restacking alot of wood so I could make more room. Started putting all the 8 foot boards on one side, 10 footers on the other.
When I pulled out a stack of ash and oak, I found I had close to 90+ bf of this good looking stuff left.

Last edited:
I think it would need to be mounted askew, to add interest, instead of straight up and down, and a french cleat would probably work very well... (Per Don)

Definitely a piece for conversation.:thumb:
Seeing it I would have given a second thought to the strings and used barbed wire, then it would pick up a complete different symbolism, but you are the artist not me.

cleat-that is the way to go.
Since the mounting surface will be small, I wont be able to hit 2 studs in the wall.
Im thinking more along a wide cleat that I can bolt 2 1/4 inch bolts on top and below because Im quite sure 2 bolts would hold the weight and keep the cleat level.
Ive seen wide cleats and if they are cheap enough for a 6 inch piece, Ill go with metal. Or Ill just make one out of plywood.

toni-my first thoughts were to use tensioning wire, the thick 1/8 inch cable stuff, but getting tension on that on both ends would require too much hardware and I didnt want to bulk up the ends nor spend an extra 25 dollars on all the extra hardware.And then came the shine question. The chrome coated chain reflects light and that appealed to me more than a flat type of surface color.

How in the world did you sneak this by me Allen?:huh::doh: That is awesome!!! Like it totally rocks!:thumb::thumb: I think I need to start coming to you for advice.