She Lives in a 727

Dan Mooney

The text below came with the pictures, so I can't vouch for the numbers but quite a place none the less no matter what it cost!

What a creative idea! Joanne Ussary bought a used Boeing 727. She paid $2,000.00 for the plane. It cost $4,000.00 to move and $24,000.00 to renovate. (She has a LOT of wood and specialty windows for $24,000! I want her carpenter!) But not bad for a $30,000.00 investment... The stairs open with a garage door remote and one of the bathrooms is still intact. There is a personal Jacuzzi in the cockpit. The Boeing home is featured as part of a collection of creative conversions. It has a spectacular view! (I wonder how much the land with this view cost!!!) WOW!!!

image0011.jpg

image0022.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

image0055.jpg

image0066.jpg

image0077.jpg

image0088.jpg

me two me two.:thumb::rofl::rofl: That would be really neet to build.

Now all we got to do Steve is find some one crazy enough to have us build them one. I hear Aruba is nice this time of year.:thumb:
There we go we will fly down next fall and build one.
See I have made the plans. Now all you got to do Steve is pack and find the crazy person.:thumb:

Now all we got to do Steve is find some one crazy enough to have us build them one. I hear Aruba is nice this time of year.:thumb:
There we go we will fly down next fall and build one.
See I have made the plans. Now all you got to do Steve is pack and find the crazy person.:thumb:
Hey how about boreno Malaysia? i have my little bro over there right now, so he should be able to find some crazy person. o and he's been in shorts and a tee shirt since he's been there.:thumb::rofl:

Very cool!

I have always envisioned this house with the cockpit of an old plane sticking out of one wall. The windshield would be the video screen. The bow of a large boat growing out of another, including the pilot house. The front of a old bus, and an old car would round things out. The entry would be through a caboose.

I never built it, and probably never will. I just framed in a one room schoolhouse for our home, and I am getting tired, so this may be my final destination. Still.... The grandkids need a place to play, and I do have ten acres......

More people do this than you'd think:

http://www.airportjournals.com/Display.cfm?varID=0305005

I'm not sure that's Ussary's house with all the woodwork inside. Her's is in Mississippi, and that sure ain't Mississippi outside her cockpit! ;)

At least, I never saw Biloxi looking like that! ;)

If you scroll down to the third picture in that airport journals article, you'll see something that *does* look like Mississippi! ;) You know, just in case you haven't been... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Not for me thank you. Dont mind the setting but the plane i have had enough of to last me a lifetime.:D

Rob I know what you mean but I think I would be ok if I could get off anytime I wanted...
People I worked with never could understand why I didn't collect the free tickets. I never had any desire after I was 40 to get on a plane I didn't have to.

Garry