Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting tired of thieves

Getting tired of thieves

This past Fall my wife took my camera with her in our van and forgot to bring it back into the house. Somewhere in the next week it went missing out of the van. So I haven't been posting any pictures of late because I haven't replaced it yet. Been debating about what model to replace it with.

This past Friday our 4 month old pup went missing. She was one of the best mannered dogs I've ever had. Very friendly, yet very good about being home or just next door helping out with the calves on the farm. She was my constant companion when ever I went outside. I checked with both county dog pounds and no luck there. Every one of the neighbor farm workers were just as puzzled by her disappearance. She was real good about staying on our 2 properties. I have asked all over the neighborhood with no leads until tonight. I found out that another neighbor "found" a stray dog and took it home the same day mine went missing. This person is a relative of the neighbors so I'm hoping to "find" my dog at her place tomorrow. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding, but if she "found" my dog on our property I will be cranked. Of course it just might be a coincidence, and a different dog.

It sure has been bugging me not knowing why Mocha disappeared.
    I was beginning to think that the coyotes got her. She was hysterical to watch playing with the kids. I watched her rolling sideways down a big snow pile with my young sons just a week ago, and then racing back to the top to do it again.
    I never had a dog growing up. I have found them to be great assets on the farm. I know immediately when the cows get out, or someone pulls into the driveway.

Hoping to find her tomorrow......
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)

I've had cameras and stuff taken out of vehicles before and that just downright ticks me off.

If that neighbor 'Found' a dog and didn't report it, well, that's just not right...

When I found our pup on my back porch on Christmas Eve, I put up 'found dog' signs in the area and reported it being found to the most local authority. Gotta try and get the pups to their owners, no matter how you feel about them...

Good luck finding your dog...

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Yeah, Paul, good luck finding your dog...heartbreaking....
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Paul,

Sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope you find her tomorrow. My dog (a pointing lab) took a little walk around the neighbor hood and a guy grabbed her and kept her in his house for 2 days. I happened to see him playing with her tied up at a park.

I immediately grabbed my dog and she jumped in my car. The guy told me that he hadn't seen any adds in the paper about a missing dog so he was going to keep her. (my dog has a collar with phone number and is chipped!) I told the guy thanks for watching her and please write down his name and number in case she had pups I could give him a call. So now I have his name and number if he ever tries anything again (the sleazy goober new where my dog lived). I figured this was better than decking the guy and tying him up to the park bench with the rope he had my dog tied up with.

Some people.

Let us know how it turns out.

Best wishes,

Brian
    That's not even a smile! That's just a bunch of teeth playing with my mind!

I agree with Brian...I hope she turns up soon. The CoC prevents me from really expressing my feelings, but suffice to say if someone stole one of my dogs and I found out who it was, I'd probably be the one getting into the most trouble with the law when it was all over.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I agree with Brian...I hope she turns up soon. The CoC prevents me from really expressing my feelings, but suffice to say if someone stole one of my dogs and I found out who it was, I'd probably be the one getting into the most trouble with the law when it was all over.

That's the way I feel.
    I hope everything turns out OK and you find your pup.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but locks were invented for a reason. I have carried guns and photo equipment and other items in my vehicles....always. This has been in big cities and rural areas. Never have had anything stolen. I always lock and keep items covered out of sight. Kinda obsessive about it.
    As for your dog, if it wasn't coyotes, just go ask the suspect thieves if they have seen your dog. Their actions will tell you if they took it. Thieves have no conscience and will make up excuses. If they took it you will probably have an unpleasant scene trying to make them give it back. Unless you can prove it is yours (implanted computer chip), I don't see a simple solution.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Paul, I am really sorry to hear your pup is missing, let's hope the answer is the neighbors. I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but locks were invented for a reason. I have carried guns and photo equipment and other items in my vehicles....always. This has been in big cities and rural areas. Never have had anything stolen. I always lock and keep items covered out of sight. Kinda obsessive about it.
    Locks only keep honest people out Frank. A big screwdriver twisted in a door lock on a car makes pretty short work of getting into a car. I've Never had anything taken out of an unlocked car....

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Locks only keep honest people out Frank. A big screwdriver twisted in a door lock on a car makes pretty short work of getting into a car. I've Never had anything taken out of an unlocked car....

Boy you have that right Brent. And I have had the bills to prove it...Between damage to the pick up truck and personal plus company items the loss was over 6 grand. Two grand of that was damage to the truck from getting in and tearing items off the dash. This was at a Days Inn that was light up daylight up outside up in Mass. They didn't get in the driver side so they went around and tore up the passenger door as well.

And that was just the big breakin...