Getting tired of thieves

Paul, I am always tired of thieves! I hope you get your pup back. A few years back we had a dog fighting ring in the neighborhood and dogs were getting stolen for bait.
I get a kick out of seeing people lock the doors on a convertible! :huh::dunno:

Yes especially with the top down...:rofl:

Don't laugh... I've done that more than once... I'm like Frank almost compulsive about locking my car and back when I had my corvette, I would spend 5 or 10 minutes putting my tunneau cover in place, then lock the doors... :dunno::dunno:

The lead on my dog turned out false. The lady who was alleged to have rescued my dog had done no such thing. I am going to try to find the source of that rumor tomorrow. Today I went to the doctor to get a prescription for pneumonia, and have been ordered to rest a lot.

Man, Hate to hear that. All day long I was hoping for a quick and happy resolution to this story... :(

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Allen i used to actually feel that way in SA until they started killing people for a cell phone. Hey take the goods they can be replaced but to kill a person for a cell phone or a car.....:huh: As the english would say "By jove that just aint cricket".:)

So sorry about your dog, Paul. Don't give up hope. Brent forgot to mention PetHarbor.com which may have a posting about your pet, separate than your shelters.

When living in So. Cal, both of my vehicles (within a 5 year time frame) were broken into, then later stolen (and recovered) and after repairs from being stolen were seriously hit and run when parked in innocuous places. Moved away and nothing since. Makes it true that LA loves cars :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We don't bother to lock when we are home anymore...who's going to make the trek up our long driveway on foot or without the driveway alarm going off? Besides we have a yellow lab that will will bark her head off over a cricket running across the floor :wave::wave::wave:

Finally got to talk to the source of the rumor regarding some young woman taking my dog. Turns out the person in question works on the farm next door and was very attached to my pup. I had asked her about seeing my dog and she had mentioned last seeing Mocha the night she disappeared. Problem is; She had talked about taking Mocha home with her that very night. This from the owner of the farm. He is going to talk to her and try to find out if she swiped my dog. It might cost her her job. If she denies any knowledge I will find out where she lives and go there to see if my dog is there. Then I will call the police and have her prosecuted. I just can't believe the gall of some people.

Paul sorry for your loss. Good Pup's are hard to come by.

We always get hunting articles stole every year from anti hunters who think they are going to stop us. I am waiting for the chance to catch one. We are using trail cams now to catch them. Sooner or later they will get nabbed.

although Im not a dog owner, getting into the theme of this thread, I find it unthinkable someone would just take someone elses pet.
I know it happens, but its downright nasty, and I hope Mr. Downes gets his pup back and knocks out the person who took him.

rob, I was being sarcastic.

I believe we should hang carjackers like they used to hang horse thieves.

Im all for public stoning of criminals.

Or start taking body parts off like in the middle east, at least we would know they were either a thief or a woodworker when we see them coming. Just ask them what kind of blade they prefer, and you will know which one they are.....

Paul, you said: "I just can't believe the gall of some people."
Sadly, I can believe it. We are now in about the third generation of spoiled brats raised with no discipline, mores or conscience.
If she has the dog and lies you may not be able to detect the lie. No conscience, no guilt. Seeing the very subtle signs of a liar is hard and takes practice.
"gall" is putting it kindly and mildly. Hope it works out for you. Proving you are the owner of an animal is very hard unless the animal is tattooed or has an implant chip.

I agree with Brian...I hope she turns up soon. The CoC prevents me from really expressing my feelings, but suffice to say if someone stole one of my dogs and I found out who it was, I'd probably be the one getting into the most trouble with the law when it was all over.

I've met those guys and they are irreplaceable. I have olny been "violated" once...and that's exactly how I felt. Sure makes you want to take the law into your own hands

Well, My neighbor /farmer confronted his employee and she admitted taking the dog. She showed up this evening with our dog and apologized for taking her. She said she thought I wasn't taking care of her and that my kids weren't playing with her????? It was real cold last week and the dog was outside a lot, but she liked it outside and always came to the door and barked to be let in when she wanted to take a nap or eat.

I had a long talk with this young lady and it turns out she was having some personal problems so this might have been part of the why? I do have lots of kids and have been very blessed by their character and they are all turning out very well. I do realize that many people are struggling with life and do dumb things now and again. This youngster never really had a Father so it appears she lacks some formation in her character. I gave her a long talking too, and maybe some good will come out of this. She mentioned that she was really impressed by my kids. I figure that if I can help her get her act together then it was all worth it. She did thank me for the advice I gave her.

You showed some real strength of Character there Paul.

I'm glad you got you pup back and that things are working out. I can't even imagine what could have been going through her head.

Glad everything got worked out :thumb: