Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday's here

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Friday's here

so what ya got planned.

I got calls to make and church on Sunday morn followed by the race and somewhere in there I'll throw in some shop time.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Constantine, MI
    Church on Sunday, but the rest of the weekend is FIREPLACE!! Settled the last few design issues and bought the tile for the surround and slate for the hearth. Gotta hurry - there is a kitchen in my living room.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    I need to knock out a quick utility shelf unit for LOML's office closet. I also hope to get the hinges mounted on my 'box swap' box.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Kansas City, Missouri
    Tonight I'm removing all the cabinet doors and getting them ready for paint. Need to go to my sister's to pickup my Dad's RAS and old TS. I'm getting the RAS, my nephew is getting the TS. My BIL also has a 9' garage door for me, which will be replacing the large side door on my shop this spring. It should give me about 7' of extra shop space. Also want to get to the range this weekend, had an itch to do some plinkin.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

DSM, IA
    Playing single dad this weekend as LOML is heading out for a much needed girls weekend tomorrow morning. So if its nice out, I'll be playing in the park and taking the dog for walks...if it rains (as forcasted ) I'll be watching movies and palying games all weekend. I do hope to get a little shop time in tonight though.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Second weekend in a row with no babysitting or a house full of kids and grandkids
    We always have a family Sunday dinner so I'm sure a few will happen to drop by to join in but other than that, shop time and brush the dog. He is leaving shedding hair everywhere.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Reno NV
    More organizing and hopefully getting started on the box for the box swap...

Plainwell, Michigan
    I am going to start milling the wood for wainscot in the dining room, and start making the "I'm not tellin" for my swap box

Syracuse, Nebraska
    Got a Boy Scout leader stopping by tonight to pick up a little 3 wheel bandsaw and 1/2 doz. blades I'm giving them for their Pinewood Derby Project. They're happy to get it and I'm glad to let them have it. Tomorrow we head west to Grand Island to look at the Sandhill cranes that are migrating back north, tens of thousands of them come through here every spring. Quite a sight and extremely noisy. Also an occasional whooping crane is spotted in the bunch. If you google Nebraska crane migration you'll get a bunch of info on that. Part of Sunday will be shop time.

Independence, Kentucky

I'm spending the weekend learning the in's and out's of the new I Mac that we got yesterday. Looks like the beginning of a love affair. So far so good I really like what I am seeing.