Just a few pictures from a winter morning

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got some precip out here over the last couple of days. This morning we had 3.3" of snow, about .24" of actual water precipitation (when melted). I know, nothing compared to what you folks have gotten back east, but we really needed the moisture.

Wild Horses in the distance on a dreary day

FWW-2699 by brent_dowell, on Flickr

Logan

FWW-2712 by brent_dowell, on Flickr

FWW-2729 by brent_dowell, on Flickr

Logan Loves Bucky

FWW-2717 by brent_dowell, on Flickr

Bucky making snow angels as best as she can

FWW-2715 by brent_dowell, on Flickr

The promise of warmer days ahead.

FWW-2701 by brent_dowell, on Flickr

13 degrees tonight? I didn't realize it ever got that cold there! :eek:

Thanks,

Bill

Yeah, we live on the back side of the Sierras at about 4300'. It's just because the Sierras rob all of the precipitation, we don't get much. That's why they call us "high desert".

We've enjoyed a pretty mild winter until now (days 50-60, which is rare here). Nights always get cold in the desert...so way below freezing is typical, even if the daytime temp gets to 60.

Even our growing season is only 90 days (mid-June to mid-Sep) in between the potential frosts. :wave::wave:

13 degrees tonight? I didn't realize it ever got that cold there!
Big Temperature variations here in the winter, but it's not really all that bad. Gets a little warm in the summer, but doesn't ever really feel as hot as it did in Antioch California. Not much humidity, and all we need is a swamp cooler to take the edge off for a few days every summer.

Great pics! I really like the Flamingo! Gives hope for spring.

That poor flamingo is much abused. He's a favorite target for my pellet rifle, and I actually have a couple of solar powered 'spot lights' that light him up at night. Makes for a very other worldly scene, looking up on the hill and seeing a glowing pink flamingo in the middle of the night... :rofl: