different kind of box for me

This is all holly. The base and finial are dyed using india ink. 9 1/2 tall X 4 at the widest. Finish is 3 coats shellic 2 coats lacquer. body has been waxed and buffed as i made that last weekend. the rest will be waxed and buffed next weekend if i don't give it away before then.;)

Attachments

• 006 [800x600].JPG
    006 [800x600].JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 007 [800x600].JPG
    007 [800x600].JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 41
Hi holly :rofl::rofl:
Is it me or does it look crooked? Any way...super nice work Steve! I think there is some of that in my garage waiting for my shop to set it self up! Nice finial and stem work too!:thumb::thumb:

well steve i can see you got the spinny stuff down purty well,, that is a fine looking goblet with a lid.. made for fine wine rather than a barley pop:) nice form and finish..

Once you take care of the crooked part, I think you've got a winner there. :D Seriously, that's a nice one, Steve. The detail work on your pedestal and finial are so many notches above what you were doing a year ago, I've lost count. :thumb:

That's a nice one Stephen. I like how the lid is recessed and just kind of pokes its head over the edge. That little void type thing in the side is neat too. That was good you were able to capture that.