A worthwhile Edition of Magazine

Rob Keeble

Hi All

A while back i decided i had enough of the magazines piling up so i cancelled the lot prefering to buy on site when i see something worthwhile.

Well if you aint seen it yet i would highly recommend the Special edition of Fine Woodworking for those of who want more info on finishing.

Dave if you see this i would love to have you pick up a copy and give us your thoughts on the contents. The whole issue is on finishing.

PS. The link is to the version of cover i found on the racks in Canada.

I cannot seem to find it on the Taunton Publishers site or on Fine Woodworking. It says to display to end of March. Its not a magazine edition as described for the march edition. This is a special Finishing Edition.

Taunton Product no. 017017

Its one of the "Best of Fine Woodworking" series.
http://www.tauntonstore.com/finishing-wood-017017.html

Seems that number brings up a different cover edition for the general public or US.

I have seen the pic on this cover in my edition. So i guess they the same thing.

Rob I use to get it also but found that I am one of them Know it all's that only seem to pic apart the writers article :rofl:
Really I do !
If the article is not for the Harry Home owner may times they are written with out the user in mind. What I mean to say is, some guys will say you need to do this X with out telling you you better be looking out for this Y to happen and if it dose then this X will not work. :rofl: Got you confused yet ?

I'll take a look for it. I was at Wood Workers Club Saturday down in town. Rob we were not in tune Saturday :huh::rofl:

Rob I use to get it also but found that I am one of them Know it all's that only seem to pic apart the writers article :rofl:
Really I do !
If the article is not for the Harry Home owner may times they are written with out the user in mind. What I mean to say is, some guys will say you need to do this X with out telling you you better be looking out for this Y to happen and if it dose then this X will not work. :rofl: Got you confused yet ?

I'll take a look for it. I was at Wood Workers Club Saturday down in town. Rob we were not in tune Saturday :huh::rofl:

I really don't know if your in tune out of tune or around town or out of town.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have 20 years of Fine Woodworking, but they lost my interest along the way so I sent them a letter telling them why after 20 years, since the black and white days, I was not resubscribing. Never heard a word, so I guess they don't care. Their stuff became too basic, nothing to stretch my imagination or skill level.

I told them they should start another magazine for those of us that made the first one work. They could call it "Truely Fine Woodworking"!

I'm down to Mother Earth News and Grit these days....