A Bargain but I can't use it . . . .

Jim Mattheiss

Went to an estate sale of a stained glass worker's home. He had a 3' x 6' work table in the basement with a butcher block top that they wanted $125 for originally. Today is 1/2 price day so it's now $62.50. The top is on a open frame steel cabinet.

I kept circling around it. The top alone is worth more than that. I problem is that I just don't have a spot for it. It would be a PITA to get it out of the basement. The top itself would weight a ton . . .

This is going to bother me for a while . . . I'll get over it though . . .

Has this happened to you?

Cheers

Jim

Yikes Allen, she's nicer looking than a table top, but I'm not sure more useful...

This sort of thing happens to me too, [the table top, not the lady in question], especially if it's big and heavy I feel better walking away than trying to shlep it home Jim. A good small item that is priced well can always be bought and sold again.

What I find worse is finding that bargain and not having the cash to plunk down.:doh::doh:
Missed a jet minnie for $150 with tooling and chucks just the other day:doh::doh:

I've had several bargains that I hated to walk away from, but I've had more "bargains" that I should have not bothered ever bringing home, too.

Yikes Allen, she's nicer looking than a table top, but I'm not sure more useful...

Oh yes, yes she is more useful. We're talking kung fu and stuff here. :yes: Ever see a table do kung fu? Didn't think so. :rolleyes: :p