a quickie to occupy my afternoon-carpenters tool tote

allen levine

I had enough fights today with the belt on the sander. I had to sand down the panels for the bed, so I took a break this afternoon, and decided to grab a piece of that pine I saved from my old store.
Im going to use it for furniture, but I wanted to build something quick today.
Its not fully sanded, but here it is.
I put a tray in it so I could hold some screws when Im using it.
The handle is an old closet pole.
The wood was pretty dirty, so I ran it lightly a few passes through the belt sander to clean it up. Didnt want to thin it out much
The last pic shows a piece of what the wood looked like before sanded

Attachments

• bed 283 (Medium).jpg
    bed 283 (Medium).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 80
  • bed 284 (Medium).jpg
    bed 284 (Medium).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 85
  • bed 286 (Medium).jpg
    bed 286 (Medium).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 85
  • bed 287 (Medium).jpg
    bed 287 (Medium).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 96
"Just whipped it up in an afternoon", eh? It would take me a LOT longer than that.

Even if practice doesn't necessarily make perfect, it looks like it certainly speeds things up! (Come on retirement ... come on retirement...)

Looks great Allen. :thumb: Best of luck with it.

As usual, Allen puttin us to shame with a project conceived, executed, and posted all in the same day! :thumb: :thumb:

I went out to dinner the other night with my wife and while walking to the parking lot, I saw a few guys working on installing a new entranceway, glass door and windows in a storefront office.
There were 2 of these boxes, well worn and well used sitting on the floor and they had them stuffed with tools.
Just triggered something and I wanted one. Reminds me of a box my grandfather used to keep his household tools in.He wasnt a carpenter, but thought he could fix anything.(he couldnt)

Last edited:
Nice. My dad was making those for friends. He started insetting a large rare earth magnet on the side to hold screws and nails for the job at hand. I think he drilled some holes to hold a pencil or two as well.

Cheers.

Last edited: