Rockwell Jawhorse

Robert Farmer

Just bought myself a Rockwell Jawhorse. I haven't used it yet but based on
Amazon reviews I had to get myself one. I also bought the plywood attach-
ment for it. Just wondering if any of you have one of these Jawhorses and what is your opinion of it. While I was at it I bought a Bosch 18v Litheon drill. I have had a nicad 18v Bosch drill/hammerdrill which is a great drill except for the fact that it is heavy enough to be used for a boat anchor. I had
previously bought a Makita 18v Lithium drill but it had too much wobble in the
chuch so I took it back to my local hardware store. I had told them that I had
read reviews in which some folks brought up the fact that the particular drill
I was looking at might have been manufactured with an off-center chuck, and
sure enough, mine did. I wasn't satisfied and went to Lowes where I pur-
chased the Bosch for less than the Makita, and it has a much higher look and
quality feel to it.

I've got the Jawhorse and love it. It has made some impossible jobs possible out on certain job sites. Around the shop I've used it for holding 16'+ pieces of wood for working on. In other words, it does everything advertised. I've had it almost a year and no problems.

Geez, Don, do you really need a picture of everything that's ever been made or bought? :doh::doh: Get a catalog, and quit your incessant nagging for unnecessary pictures. :(:(

Don be so hard with Don Jim, I was going to ask for pictures as well because I don't know what a jawhorse is. Some of us are not that familiar with some tool names

That's a handy tool.

Don here ya go in case you do not know what they look like. I didn't.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK9000-Jawhorse/dp/B0018MRUN4

Thanks a lot Dave, now I know how they look like. I wish they sold them here.

Thanks Don, and sorry for taking the beating.

Last edited:
I didn't know what they looked like either so I did a search and found their you tube video demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgkvNQBHAcU

It looks a little clunky for some of the applications but pretty useful overall, but what confuses me is how does one person gets a sheet of drywall up to the ceiling by himself using this. I can see the unit holding one end up, but not how it got there with just one person. Maybe I'm even dumber than I thought.

I'll add to my quick post and run above:D.

I use the JH just like a portable bench vise. So when ever I need a bench vise I can use the JH. I just clamped in a piece of white oak scrap I had and free hand routed out a boat for my daughter to play with. It holds everything very securely and is very stable. Well made and worth the money for what it has done for me. If you leave it set up in your shop watch the feet. They are great for having you mumble something under your breath as you trip over them when your not being careful or paying attention!;)

If you need a portable wood vise or stand, I highly recommend this. Works great outside when cutting planks etc. I does everything in the video, not a gimmick.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Brian