Hello from another newbee from Connecticut

Pete Bova

Hi everyone. Have always been interested in woodworking. Even did a couple of years making crafts, birdhouses and some furniture. After being layed off since Jan.'09, I've gotten back into it and look forward to being a contributor and learning from the community.
Pete
PS: Is there any way of searching members by their state?
I would love to share ideas with some locals.

Hey Pete! Welcome aboard. I'm not sure if theres anyway to search by state, but any active members of your state should probably chime in here... :thumb:

Hi again, Pete. It's great to have you with us.

Like Brent said, you may hear some people chime in from close to you.

Yes, you can search by location but it's not necessarily very thorough or reliable. If you go to "Members List" at the top, then click on Search, then click on Advanced Search, there are lots of parameters you can search by. I just tested it by searching for Vancouver and I found 11 members.

The problem with it is that lots of people don't put their location or flesh out their profiles, so the system can only search from information that is already in there. But you'll find some of your people as you spend time here....This is a very warm and friendly group. And we love PICTURES. Post lots! :D :D

WELCOME.

Welcome Pete:wave: Yes I believe you can search for members by location. go to the member list and there is a "search members" area, and when there click advanced search and you can search many avenues there including location:thumb: