Selling your work

Chuck Thoits

So here is the deal. I made up some more cutting boards for the upcoming farie season. I used triangle strips and in the glue up on 2 boards they slipped up. So what that does is when you rip them parallel and square off the ends. One side ends up with a bevel ripped on the last strip. Kinda funny looking but still a functional cutting board.
The question is do you sell it or toss it in the fire?

i had similiar situation this summer had a product that due to cheap ply warped after i had it put together sold it at a discount just like blemish tires or scratch and dent sales.. we cant pitch our work chuck we must get at least the material cost out of it..it doesnt take away from your quality it shows that you are watchun your quality of work and wont sell it at full price..giving those a chance to get a nice board for less money..am not sure that is good business sence but it is the way i handled it on my case.

Chuck, what I was thinking was....a different set of eyes.....what you see as botched, I may see as a cutting board shaped like a dragon or something like that. You may not have to discount it at all!

hey have i got something for you:) yu need some furniture right:) nice well built redwood with sheepskin coverings..:D:D:thumb:

Yep, we need pics.
I never try to sell a pen that is not, in my eyes, perfect. I'll either toss, redo or use in the shop.
At some shows, I have put seconds of duck and game calls in a box for $5.00 (regular prices are $35.00 to $55.00). Could not even get anyone to look at them.