That's it for a bit

Jim Burr

Ok folks..I have a couple in DNA, but this is all I could manage to pull off that I can show. Potpouri pot out of some kind of maple..black, red and orange, Tung oil on the bottom...I just didn't want to do red on the bottom. Next is Olive...center grain right thru the middle. Not sure I'll ever do that again!! But I got a kick out the D-way beading tools (standard disclaimer...I don't sell...just use). They are tons of fun and the cool part was I did no sanding and no finish on the outside...and mild sanding on the inside. This one was tough, splits and knots...18% moisture so I used a
1-5/8" Forstner bit to core it and tiny cuts with the Monster. Tons of experience with the beading stuff...lot's of little things to look for. This really was an experiment so there is lot's to learn. Also used it on the pot above around the mouth. I still use the unhandled...but that will change soon...my hand gets tired!! I used a Sorby a few months ago, and it kinda scared me a bit...these are real easy to use. Hope you guys...and Cynthia :p like 'em and see ya when I get back!

Attachments

• Ppot1.jpg
    Ppot1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Ppot2.jpg
    Ppot2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Ppot3.jpg
    Ppot3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 25
  • olive HF1.jpg
    olive HF1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 32
  • olive3.jpg
    olive3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 30
No ma'am. Surgery is on the 15th and that's about it. 6-8 weeks on my back and I can start to get back to normal. But on the good side, my box for the swap is almost done!!

Oh, okay, so you still have a few more days before surgery. They won't let you bring your lathe to the hospital? Bummer. ;) We're going to want a minute-by-minute report of your adventures when you're back at the keyboard, so take careful notes, okay? :D :thumb: After lung surgery will you be wearing a full body bio-hazard suit in the shop? :D

I like 'em both, Jim. :thumb: Looks like you've definitely got the hang of the beading tool.

And wishing you all the best with the upcoming adventure. We'll be pulling for you down here in LaLa Land, too. ;)