Thread: The Gas Crunch

Portland, Oregon

The Gas Crunch

Pictures deleted at the request of the moderaters.
    Last edited by Dan Mooney; 03-09-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I would laugh but it is too true...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

ABQ NM
    Good comics, Dan. Funny and sad all in the same breath.

Today I saw the first of what will probably become many stations here in town that are over $4.00 for low-grade unleaded. It was in Beverly Hills, but even up in the cheap seats (my neighborhood) it's at about $3.89 for the cheap stuff.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
    Would you believe gas today in Alberta is $1.32 /litre which works out to $6.00 a gallon Canadian and $4.99 a gallon US.

Innovation is the process that renews something that already exists and not, as is commonly assumed, the introduction of something new.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    The heating oil guy came yesterday and topped off my tank. 153 gallons. He left a bill for $589.00

Filled up my pick up truck yesterday $68.00

Something needs to be done. Now.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    The cartoons lose their humor when they are true.
    We are hurting.
    I have started making lists and don't go to town unless it is absolutely necessary and I combine chores on those trips. There are times when I don't start the truck for 2 or 3 days.
    These prices have changed lifestyles and are limiting our ability to interact with other people, near and far.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Outside the beltway
    I would not call it a CRUNCH .................................................. .............
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::