Christmas 2007 - what you building?

Jeff Horton

And people are going HUH? :dunno: Yea I decided to plan WAY ahead this year. First of December I tried to start making gifts and guess what? I squeaked them in. Of course I was afraid the finish was still tacky on one and the wrapping paper would stick. :) Of course I am still working on the LOML gift but I couldn't start on it till after Christmas and she was OK with that.

So, I am working on a Christmas list now. I just told my sister in Houston last night that I wanted to build her something. Showed her my web site with some of what I have done since she was last here and asked her what she wanted.

Well couple of hours latter she figured it out. A tall wine case. Something like this.

winerack.jpg

She is a chef and she said she need good wine storage as well as a place to store some nice hand blown glasses she had found. As well as some liquor bottles he acquired and was recycling. I told her if she came up the basics I would design it for her. She could get Google Earth and I could send her the SU model to look at.

I am making my SIL a coffee table. Wanted to that this year but no time. Just NONE. So will work on that over the summer and hang it form the rafters if I have too.

So what are you making for Christmas? :D

Jeff
The early bird this year

Last edited:
Y'know Jeff, last Spring -- March I think -- I started making cutting boards. They were in part for immediate gifts, and in part for Christmas gifts. I took a fair bit of heat for that on SMC when I posted the pics. Now you're starting in February!? Duck and cover, buddy. ;)

...art

Y'know Jeff, last Spring -- March I think -- I started making cutting boards.

March is only 8 days way Art. Might as well say 7 since this day is pretty much shot.

I know it's early. I just was disappointed I didn't get to make stuff last year. Besides you have to remember that I have wanted to do this for YEARS AND YEARS. And now things have settled down and I can finally pursue my hobby.

Jeff
Who still gets giddy when he gets to go work in the Lab.

Last edited:
Jeff,

You're to be congratulated on your foresight and planning! Bravo!:clap: I think this is a good time to start planning for next Christmas. I have been so disappointed with myself in the past for waiting till Thanksgiving to think about building gifts and failing to make anything because there is just not enough time left.:doh:

Thanks for the inspiration - I'm going to start giving Christmas 2007 a lot of thought.

:rofl: OK, got a real kick out some of the answers. Stu's, your is the best I think. But Ralph's is really close too. Especially since I am working on the last Christmas gift right now.

This is the first time I have ever thought about Christmas before MAYBE November. But since I want to do some big gifts this year I figured I better start making a list and thinking ahead.

Jeff

Grand Kids Christmas

Am in the process of making 5 Low boys:
DSCN1424.jpg

They are designed to carry last years presents, Monster trucks:
DSCN0950.jpg

Need to get an early start each year, as spring and fall harvests eat up two month of the year, during which nothing else gets done.

Am in the process of making 5 Low boys:
DSCN1424.jpg

They are designed to carry last years presents, Monster trucks:
DSCN0950.jpg

Need to get an early start each year, as spring and fall harvests eat up two month of the year, during which nothing else gets done.

Neat trucks :thumb:

I've built several semi's. Sold a few. Haven't built any the last few years, lack of play time.
I have two left here in my office. You reminded me I need to dut them off :eek: and take some pics of them.:)