Boise Roadster Show - Nothing to do with wood

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I have minor and major items on my bucket list, attending the Boise Roadster Show was on the minor list, and had been for many years. Today I put a check mark next to it! Enjoy! (Steve, there's one here just for you):wave::rofl:

DSC_0027 (800 x 531).jpgDSC_0035 (800 x 531).jpgDSC_0038 (800 x 531).jpgDSC_0039 (800 x 473).jpgDSC_0047 (800 x 531).jpgDSC_0050 (800 x 531).jpgDSC_0064 (800 x 531).jpg

Anyone ever see a Hudson pick-up before?:huh:

DSC_0067 (800 x 531).jpg

I was in Okinawa in 1971-72 and somebody had a '59 Cadillac pickup. The truck bed was lined with teak. They had some pretty amazing body shops over there.

If you get a chance to go to the Auburn Cord Deusenberg museum in Auburn, Indiana you can really do some drooling.

Last edited:
That was cool Rennie... I recognized a couple of the cars, but the modifications on some changed them completely....

My mother bought an old Hudson Hornet right after she and my dad divorced... that was one heavy automobile.... I had an occasion to raise the hood once and the only way I could get it up was to stand on the front bumper and pull the hood up from below... I was a skinny 15 year old and took most of my strength... don't think my mother at 5'2" and about 135 lbs could ever have gotten that up....

For those of you on Facebook - I have all 58 pictures I took posted there.

Sweet! Will check it out. Looks like it was worth the trip to go from the pics here.

Brent, Have you gone down to see the Harrah's collection there in Reno? Have the number for one of the members of the board there. Told me to give him a call the next time I come to town and he'd give a personal tour of the museum. He knew the story behind most of the cars in the collection, very nice fellow. Perhaps I can set something up for when we're there in January. ;)

Sweet! Will check it out. Looks like it was worth the trip to go from the pics here.

Brent, Have you gone down to see the Harrah's collection there in Reno? Have the number for one of the members of the board there. Told me to give him a call the next time I come to town and he'd give a personal tour of the museum. He knew the story behind most of the cars in the collection, very nice fellow. Perhaps I can set something up for when we're there in January. ;)

Never been there, but have heard a lot of good things about it. We've talked about taking my folks there sometime when they visit, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I'll put January down in the calendar right now!