MASSIVE Earthquake hits Tokyo

And there are reports that things may get worse before they get better. March 19, the full moon will be closer to earth than normal, and the gravitational pull it exerts are supposed agitate volcanoes and earthquakes as well as tides. Notice the already busier earthquakes, the volcano in Hawaii that is erupting, and there are reports of the magma in Yellowstone, that has been dormant for years, is churning. Could be an interesting next 2 or 3 weeks. :hide: Jim.

And there are reports that things may get worse before they get better. March 19, the full moon will be closer to earth than normal, and the gravitational pull it exerts are supposed agitate volcanoes and earthquakes as well as tides. Jim.

An astrologist said this. I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.

Good to hear that all our people are okay. Property can be replaced.

Stu, have you gotten down to the dungeon yet? I'd imagine that (barring water damage) that'd fare okay, though.

The news pictures here are showing nearly unimagineable damages. It's amazing that the loss of lives hasn't been even greater than what they're currently reporting.

I am glad to hear everyone is fine.

Stu, I woke up to the cbc this morning and they said there were about 1600 registered Canadians living there.
Time to come home!

Glad you guys are OK. Prayers and thoughts are going up. Have been watching the footage all day on TV. Hollywood couldn't even make this stuff up. So devastating. So sorry for the loss of life, injuries, incredible damage and cant imagine the long road back to "normal".

Rob is right. Wake up call to always be prepared. Also wake up call to tell your friends and family that you love them. You never know when it could all get cut short.

Keep us updated.

Until turning on the evening news, I had no idea of the extent of damage from the quake and tsunami. I thought it was just another Japan shaker.
Very sad for all the people lost and injured. The property damage is incredible and will take more than a little while for recovery.
Prayers and thoughts are with all of our eastern friends.

I'm Glad Our family members in Japan are ok. I can't believe I've missed this today on the news but had to rush home from work and take loml back to the hospital again. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

You and your families are in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear that all of the members are ok. When I heard about the quake, that was the first thing I thought of.

How close to the nuclear power plants is everyone located? I am reading about a state of emergency at two of the plants there.