Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday...

Kansas City, Missouri

It's Friday...

Not the kind of start we were all hoping for. Stu, Alex, Greg, & Kyle, glad you and your families are all safe, will keep those affected in our thoughts. Please let us know if there's anything we can do from this side of the pond.

As for me this weekend, I will probably be getting side tracked watching CNN quite a bit. I need to get the handles patina'd, mill out some trim to finish up the kitchen, and cut in a couple of electrical outlets. Also need to get busy on my taxes or filing an extension I suppose.

Expecting some decent weather, so may get some leaves cleaned up around the outside.

What's everyone else got going on?
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 03-11-2011 at 03:28 PM.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    The rest of our furniture is coming today. Then we are OFFICIALLY MOVED IN. So our weekend is enjoying it.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Reno NV
    Need to do some work on the box swap box and get the camper ready for our trip...

Constantine, MI
    I've milled the last of the trim for the fireplace - will start installing it on Sunday. ordered the glass (water glass) fr the doors yesterday - about 10-14 days for it to come inn. Almost there!!!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Outside the beltway
    Today at 1:30 Jarrod and I are giving a talk on Restoring antiques at a Antique club meeting, then tomorrow we are going to a banquet for the Maryland Bow hunters Asso. The Jake should be home by then. He is driving back with my Cousin. And Shelly should be home Sunday from San Fran. Plus lookie what came in the Mail. Now you all can stop given hounding me about my Pictures. I like the new camera !
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Finish up on the box swap as well. Probably stop by Harbor Freights parking lot sale on Sat.

Baby sitting Sat. night and Sunday.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

DSM, IA
    Grilling for the first time since last fall tonight ...woodturner's meetign tomorrow with my dad and then watching bball the rest of the day/night....maybe some shop time on sunday.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Going to see Keith Burnes doing a demo on hollowing from a 1/2" opening in the am.Can't what to get to finely meet him. Put the finishing touches on the box swap box. What ever else i want.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    doing a health and wellness fair on Sat. Sunday church and since theres no race I am planning on cleaning the shop.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Santa Claus, In
    Work on the box swap. Clean a little, have a guest coming next Friday.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.