My 1st Pens

Ken Ward

Here are some of my 1st pens,that I finally got on about two weeks ago.The top pics are acrylic and the rest are wood,OH YES,it took me a week to figure out how to resize them,hope I got it right,all comments welcome.

Attachments

• 2011_0311pensnew0001.JPG
    2011_0311pensnew0001.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 51
  • 2011_0311pensnew0003.JPG
    2011_0311pensnew0003.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 45
  • woodpens1.JPG
    woodpens1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 43
Real nice, Ken. :thumb:

Man, when you start into something you really go for it, huh? That's more pens than I turn in a year. :D

Well, sure looks like someone spent some money on bushings for at least three different kits. Slimlines, Euro and cigar? Very very nice group of pens! How did you like the third cigar (large pens, last picture) to the right? Crosscut wood? That really tears out easily without light cuts and sharp tools. You are on your way!!!!!!! Wish my first group of pens looked that great! For some reason, I remember working on that many pens the first time, but kept having spare parts or "shop" pens!! :doh::dunno::huh::rofl::rofl::rofl: Great pens!!!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks for all the kind words.Actually they were easier than I thought they would be.The only tools I use are the Ci1 rougher an the Ci0 easy finisher,then I start with 600 wet or dry on acrylic,then go to micro mesh all the way to 12000,then buff with a paper towel.I start on the wooden ones with dry 400 up to 1000,then use the brown buffing compound,then hut buffing polish,then finish them off with carnuba wax.It sounds like a lot of work,but once on the lathe total time one the acrylic is about 30 min and a bit less on the wood.This week I am going ti try the CA finish.BTW the slimline kits are less than 2.00 and the cigar kits are about 3.00. Thanks again for looking. :wave:

PS The fat cigar pen went to my step son and that purple acrylic one went to his wife.

Last edited: