Fine Furniture

Well...the wife sez they'll do just 'fine', same thing right? :rofl:
I'm a Bob...{Big 'ol boy} so I beefed these up a tad, no pre-plans as you can probably tell...I really messed up on my spacing of the back slats :eek: ...& I think the next attempt will have a slight curve to the backs, don't know if that would make them any more comfortable, but I have to keep challenging myself if I'm ever gonna improve...anyways here's a few shots and the last photo is of a little side table for them{still in progress}, contains my first attempt at M&T joinery, used the TS, drill press and chisels, not the greatest but I'm happy they fit nice & snug...
Comments & critiques always welcome...good, bad or ugly{lol}...Thanks for looking!

you can kinda see the back support system in the mirror reflection on the back wall of the shop

fresh oil stain

first coat drying

Last edited:
Thanks folks :)

They look pretty darn good to me Ken. Nice job :thumb::thumb::thumb:

What kind of wood did you use. I'm curious about the green tinge in it.

looks good to me ken,, where did yu find that clear of treated lumber??? those legs are excellent stuff..

This was their{HD Borg} rough sawn 1"x6"x6', dog-eared fencing cheap treated stuff, the better looking stuff for the legs came from digging thru the stock.

They are surprisingly comfortable considering I had no real clue as to what angles or height to use...The wife teases me about needing the spreader bar to open my wallet, but at less then $30 material each, I'm the one grinning now...again, Thanks for looking!

Thanks Rennie, how's that saying go?...even a blind pig stumbles onto....:D

No problem Cynthia, but there is a 'testing at location' clause you'll need to sign, requires at minimum, a weekend stay including continental breakfast :rofl:

Hey, no problem, Ken. You're in luck, because the only room half way put together in the midst of all the moving and boxes is the GUEST SUITE. :D :D I'll even throw in lunch and supper if you'll help with the bookcases and closet built-ins, and you can have a 2 week free stay! :D private bath, kitchenette...and NEW TV AND DVD PLAYER and about 100 dvd's.....

Hey, no problem, Ken. You're in luck, because the only room half way put together in the midst of all the moving and boxes is the GUEST SUITE. :D :D I'll even throw in lunch and supper if you'll help with the bookcases and closet built-ins, and you can have a 2 week free stay! :D private bath, kitchenette...and NEW TV AND DVD PLAYER and about 100 dvd's.....

Can you hear my wife happily whistling as she packs my suitcase :rofl:

BTW :huh:{Hmmm} doesn't sound like much time for tv & dvd's, and if meals are thrown in, the kitchenette won't get much, if any use, and 2 weeks hardly requires a bath :eek: :rofl:......but the offer to get away from here for a bit and still play with woodworking is awfully tempting :thumb::D

Can you hear my wife happily whistling as she packs my suitcase :rofl:

BTW :huh:{Hmmm} doesn't sound like much time for tv & dvd's, and if meals are thrown in, the kitchenette won't get much, if any use, and 2 weeks hardly requires a bath :eek: :rofl:......but the offer to get away from here for a bit and still play with woodworking is awfully tempting :thumb::D

:rofl: :rofl: tell her she can come too! If she's a quilter or crafter I'll let her loose in my fabric stash and with my sewing machines. Tell her there's lots to see and do around here--beach, shopping, hiking, skiing, or she can help in the woodshop. I'll even get her a extra respirator! :D

Beefed up? I don't see anything wrong with them Ken, I'm no expert in Adirondak chairs but where is written that they have to be made in a specific way? Or with specific measures? what if you need to make one for an NBA or football player? or for a child?

You should be proud of them and I thank you for showing them us.:thumb:

When I made my Adirondacks a couple years ago, I used all Pressure treated wood. 4X4's for the front legs, 2X8's for the diagonal/back leg, and 5/4 decking for the seat an back slats.

Very heavy and strong - they don't sink into the yard, and they don't blow over, even in gale force winds.

I had a picture somewhere of Larry & I sitting in them, having a beer, but I can't find it right now...

Attachments

• P6290902 (Medium).JPG
    P6290902 (Medium).JPG
    104 KB · Views: 12
  • P6290903 (Medium).JPG
    P6290903 (Medium).JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 34
Yeah, I'd say those are beefy! We measure windy days out here by how many deck chairs get blown over. If those got blown over, well, Not sure I'd want to be around... :thumb:

Jim Delaney said:
attachment.php

Thanks guys...
Wow Jim they are beefy, Nice! I built mine on the bench, don't think I could lift those. & I bet that would keep the dog from dragging them off...my dog's dumber than dirt :rofl: but he loves wood and hanging in the shop, wish he'd live as long as those chairs will :thumb: