I've raised my turning level to new heights!

Greg Cook

Well, not technically or artistically, yet....but I did physically!

My new mini stand.:thumb: Arrived in perfect shape, went together fast and is sweet. Sure beats sitting on a sheet of melamine that was clamped to a Craftsman stand...

Anyone else have a similar setup?

Looks good Greg, but I fear it is a bit top heavy........?

I wonder if you could put a shelf on the middle and back side, and lay some bags of sand on there?

Cheers!

I dunno Stu, a lot of folks get by pretty well with that stand and lathe combo. I think the wide stance makes up for some of the lack of mass.

Greg, my only observation is that lathe is way too clean. ;) Congrats on the new heights, though.

I dunno Stu, a lot of folks get by pretty well with that stand and lathe combo. I think the wide stance makes up for some of the lack of mass.

Greg, my only observation is that lathe is way too clean. ;) Congrats on the new heights, though.

I've used that set-up only once, about an hour, for a pen demo. It stayed very steady, seemed OK.

I think it will be OK, as I don't turn large blanks with it. I do plan on building a shelf/cabinet for the middle support area. I've seen a few in the past.

I did vacume/blow chips off before I installed it on the stand....:thumb: Wife is coming up with some more kitchen projects, some turned ones. :D