New member saying hi

Thank you everyone. For my lathe, it as an old Atlas/Craftsman 9"x36". I use both brands since it is a combination of two different units. I purchase the first one about 15 years ago, miss most of it's parts of course. I didn't know that at the time, then when taking the dog out for a walk I found the same model, with all of the missing parts that someone put out for the garbage man. I have since gotten more accessories for it including a steady rest. Someone was nice enough to paint all of the new parts with turquoise paint. That had to go. The most I have done is chucked up a few pieces of pine I hope to do more. I just have to rearrange the shop. A friend is letting me have a new bench, so I have to change everything.

The rest of the shop:

14" Powermatic Band Saw
6" Craftsman Jointer
Craftsman floor model drill press
Delta Table Saw
13" Planer
couple of router tables, spindle sander, belt/disk sander, 12" disk sander. And way way too much other stuff. Being retired I have lots of time to go find stuff, not that the wife has the same feeling for finding that "special" tool.:dunno:

More to follow, but I have to do the dishes. Work, work, work...

Glen

Alright, here are a couple of quick shots, it is raining out there and the final place in the shop hasn't been figured out yet.

DSCF1159.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

I will put up some more once it is in place. And I apologize for breaking the photo rules. I am so ashamed...:doh: I have contemplated putting the two back to back, then have a 72" bed.

Glen

Thanks Guys,

What I like most is the heft of this lathe, no nasty vibrations so far. Both cast iron bases are straight and true, and mate quite nicely. I am still working on the placement of the motor assembly. I have the remains of an old drill press that I am going to put under it and see if I can get the whole setup a bit thinner. Like I said, I have no turning experience to speak of so it is all a learning curve. I have a set of tools for it and a Nova chuck set. So maybe by the end of the year I will have something done. Model railroading season is upon me, so there is so much to do.

Glen:)

Bah!! Had I know you were that close, I'd of stopped by for a howdie. I head to the city once a month and it's only a 30 minute detour to the east bay. Keep us posted, and if you need turning stock... :thumb: