Last Known Photo

Dan Mooney

Here’s the last known photo of the world biggest dummy….

attachment.php

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 164
I wouldn't be surprised if that particular photo was doctored, but here in British Columbia there are all kinds of problems like that one. We're crawling with wildlife and have tons of national parks. Every year there are bad accidents with tourists trying to get too close to bears, elk, moose, etc. for a photo or feeding them, or whatever. I guess city folk just don't have a clue......

I used to visit the Copper Harbor dump to watch the bears before they shut it down. One time I was watching an average sized black bear- about 150 lbs. when 2 Tech toots (local derogatory term for Michigan tech students) pulled up and got out with a loaf of bread. Their idea was to take a picture of one guy handing the bread to the bear. As the one dummy walked toward the bear he commented that it was "just a little bear" I then told him that the average size of bear in fatal black bear attacks was around 150 lbs., right about the size of that one. He sure back-peddled fast. :rofl::rofl:

cynthia, this city boy, when I want to see a bear, I go to a zoo.

IM sorry some people feel city folk are naive and unintelligent.

Allen, don't take offense. Wild animals attack experts too. But there is a high proportion of tourists who are unfamiliar with the wildlife here and do lots of risky and foolish things.

When I lived in Calgary, a cougar killed a woman in nearby Cochrane (closer to the mountains), and she was an experienced outdoors person. I don't think all city folks are naive and unintelligent. I do think that a lot of tourists from all areas come to visit the flora and fauna or come for hiking and skiing here and aren't acquainted with some basic safety procedures like getting close to animals to take photos.

Last edited:
Way back when I first moved to Cali, Went on a camping trip up above somewhere in the general vicinity of Yosimite.

One day we went fishing and when I came back to camp, this is what I found.

I kept telling myself I could get close for the pictures, but my legs didn't believe me.

Went back and got my buddy and we threw pinecones at him to get him to leave. He didn't. He just moved away a couple dozen yards and laid down and took a nap.

Thats my back back he's tearing into. He quite enjoyed the packet of gatorade he found and the toothpaste.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-1.jpg
    FWW-1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 44
  • FWW-2.jpg
    FWW-2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 44
  • FWW-3.jpg