The Youtube Crack Thread...

Art Mulder

(hey, this is the off-topic area...)

Over in another thread Vaughn made this comment:
Hey Frank and Marty, both guys owe me at least an hour of my time back...happens nearly every time someone posts a YouTube link. That place is like crack.

So here is my contributions to Vaughn's delinquency.

1- Star Wars Lego - the Revenge of the Brick (5min)
It's CGI, and not stop-motion lego, but still very very hilarious. Love the sounds of lego bricks whenever a ship blows up, and the way they actually use the lego bricks to re-assemble things.

2- Lego Monty Python - Camelot 1:24
Stop Motion lego spoof of the Monty Python Camelot skit.

3- Didn't like that one? Then How about Star Trek Python - Camelot
Spoof snipped together from Star Trek TOS episodes.
I warn you ... when I sent this to my friend, she was laughing so hard she was crying, and her cubicle-mate thought she was losing her marbles.

4- for the science geeks - A pool full of non-newtonian liquid. 4:02
You have to see this to believe it. If they stand still, they sink, slowly. If they keep moving, they can literally walk on the goo. Wild. (non english, but who cares)

5- Not as classic as the rest: The evolution of dance 6:00
But still pretty funny. If you grew up in the 70's or 80's you'll recognize just about every dance move this guy performs. Wow, I'm old.

Now, I think I'll run away and hide before Vaughn revokes my account.

Last edited:
.... Didn't have time now to go through all of them but what I did see brought back some memories, especially the music.

Thanks Art :thumb:

Over in another thread Vaughn made this comment:

So here is my contributions to Vaughn's delinquency.

1- Star Wars Lego - the Revenge of the Brick (5min)
It's CGI, and not stop-motion lego, but still very very hilarious. Love the sounds of lego bricks whenever a ship blows up, and the way they actually use the lego bricks to re-assemble things.

2- Lego Monty Python - Camelot 1:24
Stop Motion lego spoof of the Monty Python Camelot skit.

3- Didn't like that one? Then How about Star Trek Python - Camelot
Spoof snipped together from Star Trek TOS episodes.
I warn you ... when I sent this to my friend, she was laughing so hard she was crying, and her cubicle-mate thought she was losing her marbles.

You have to see this to believe it. If they stand still, they sink, slowly. If they keep moving, they can literally walk on the goo. Wild. (non english, but who cares)

But still pretty funny. If you grew up in the 70's or 80's you'll recognize just about every dance move this guy performs. Wow, I'm old.

Now, I think I'll run away and hide before Vaughn revokes my account.

"You have to see this to believe it. If they stand still, they sink, slowly. If they keep moving, they can literally walk on the goo."

I've walked on mud like that. A tidal mud flat in Mexico on a paleontology field trip in college. If you kept walking you were fine, but stand still and your heels would start to sink. One guy kind of jiggled his feet as an experiment and was soon knee deep.

John

Took me a while to get to them, but you now owe me another 20 minutes or so. :p

My Spanish is pretty rusty, but I'm pretty sure the non-newtonian liquid is cornmeal (masa) and water. I've played in riverbed quicksand, but nothing quite that viscous. Looks fun, though.

They were good vids, Art, so you get to keep your account. For at least another week or so. :rofl:

My Spanish is pretty rusty, but I'm pretty sure the non-newtonian liquid is cornmeal (masa) and water.

(cough) Um, Vaugh, in the top right section of the youtube window there is a description that goes with the video. In English. So they tell you that it is cornstarch and water. Supposedly mixed with that cement mixer in the background.

But still, only 20 minutes? Impressive. I watched the Lego Star Wars one at least twice myself and another time with my kids... :doh:

The Star Trek version of Camelot is hilarious! Funnier even than straight Monty Python.

Did you ever see the live Weird Al version of Yoda that's on YouTube?

Ok the newtonian led to wasting at least 40 minutes and led to this

http://funhouse.bubble.ro/87/Even_more_fun_with_non_newtonian_liquid/

And I recognized way to many of those dance moves

Amazing what you find when you go back through old threads.

At the risk of wasting a lot of time...

Someone mentioned weird al...

1- Weird Al - Polka Power
2- Weird Al - Don't download this song. (not a youtube link, but the link from the official weirdal website. OF course, it is on youtube also. In fact, tons of weird al songs are on youtube.)

If you're into harder rock

1- Rush YYZ - This guy made a 3d animation of Neil Peart from Rush playing the drums to YYZ.

2- And if that isn't enough of a hard core fan, look at this: Rush - The Trees - this guy is a drummer who is really into Rush, filmed himself playing that song, and darned if I can see any mistakes. Click on the "More from this user" tab on the right and find more from this guy. Good drumming.

Back to silliness...

1- Spider Pig - um, yeah.

2- Everybody Run: The Homecoming Queen has got a gun - early 80's novelty video.

3 - One for Vaughn: Cuz I'm A Blonde.

4- Star Trek. Investigating Time Warps. Oh Yeah.

Now I think I'll go hide.

Not YouTube, but if you're a fan of politically-incorrect humor, you owe it to yourself to check out "Farce of the Penguins". It's a parody of "March of the Penguins", narrated by Samuel L. Jackson, which should give you a idea of the mindset behind this thing.

(Warning: not, repeat NOT, "family-friendly". :eek: But what the heck did you expect with SLJ leading the cast?)

allright art:(.......i just watched that drummer do 4 rush tunes....i gotta do some work!

That takes some serious commitment and practise, I'll bet.

Rush was here, right here in London Ontario, last week.
And I didn't get tickets. :bang:
First I thought they were too expensive. Then it was too late.

Art you are a very very bad man......................... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well then. My work here is done. :headbang:

Oh, that is a time sucking hole! If we could only hook our dust collectors up .................................:rofl:

LOML walked in on me laughing about the dancing clip, sniffed and said, "I don't go to Youtube" and left the room.

Thinking about this one the other day, and thought I'd revive it.

Here's some more

1- Tom Wilson's "Question Song" -- Tom played "Biff" in the Back To The Future" movies, and also works as a comedian. In this clip he sings about all the annoying questions he gets asked over and over and over.
(afterwards, watch the one about his Daughter also...)

2- Having trouble with your christmas list? how about a Slinky Cat?

3- And this one isn't new, but tis the season, so here again is an amazing display of Christmas Lights Set To Music. Unfortunately, or fortunately if you're a neighbour, this display is long gone. The traffic jams were too much and he was asked to shut it down. Still amazing though. This was what first introduced me to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I've got two of their CDs now and my kids still call this "the Blinky Lights Song".

ttfn
...art

Okay, this isn't youtube, but it belongs here...

Co-Worker introduced me to "www.willitblend.com" today.

At this website they stick anything and everything into a blender, to see what happens. (and to prove how good their blender is, but the humour is the main focus)

I give you: Spam in a blender. In the Can!!

:huh::huh::huh:

Hi Art,
.... Yes I've seen this before, as they say, everything has it's place. If you need a machine to accomplish this kind of work, then this is it :thumb:.

Okay, this isn't youtube, but it belongs here...

Co-Worker introduced me to "www.willitblend.com" today.

At this website they stick anything and everything into a blender, to see what happens. (and to prove how good their blender is, but the humour is the main focus)

I give you: Spam in a blender. In the Can!!

:huh::huh::huh:

Took me a while to get to them, but you now owe me another 20 minutes or so. :p

My Spanish is pretty rusty, but I'm pretty sure the non-newtonian liquid is cornmeal (masa) and water. I've played in riverbed quicksand, but nothing quite that viscous. Looks fun, though.

They were good vids, Art, so you get to keep your account. For at least another week or so. :rofl:

Actually this video is from a spanish TV program called "El Hormiguero" ( Ants nest) and yes, the liquid was corn starch. These guys have a section on their program that is always some sort of recreational science played "big".