Well, a friend of my wife has been teaching Shelley how to do basketry. Turns out there are some steps in the process for which a shaving horse is great to use. So I offered to make a horse for Shelley's friend. Shelley can use mine any time she likes.
I used some leftover 2x10, and the legs are ash I made into billets several years ago, they have air dried in my kiln [attic] for years. Anyway, it's one of those legs that attacked me in my accident post a few days back.
With my new face shield firmly in place, a sharpened gouge, very firm grip with head and tailstock, and a much slower speed, I finished the legs today. Well I couldn't stop there.
So here are images of the new baby, along with old grandpa. Inspiration for design came mostly from Drew Langsner's excellent book, The Chairmaker's Workshop, which is a real neander gem. But I adapted the length, made it with 3 legs, and varied the sizes of most parts.