Harbor Freight Tool Review

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Sort of...

Picked this up a while ago at Harbor Freight for no real reason. Just one of those inverse intellectual decisions I sometimes make there.

Made a big ole corned beef for dinner last night and wanted to pack some up for the trip, so I finally broke this puppy out.

My expectations were very low, and I came out pleasantly surprised...

It's cheaply made and flimsy, but it actually sliced the corned beef very thin, even, and with little effort. Clean up was a breeze.

I now have some of the most delicious corned beef very thinly sliced and ready to make into sandwiches out on the road!

(Ok, So I was hard up to find something substantive to post this weekend, so sue me) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How much does that thing cost?

How safe does it seem? I hate finding finger pieces in my sandwiches.

Very safe. You have to hold down 2 buttons with your right hand to get the motor to run, and the guards on the sliding feeder keep all body parts away from the blade. Safer than a SawStop, if you want my opinion :rofl:

And for 30 bucks, well, it worked great.

Dan's right, it would work great for making jerky. I haven't made jerky in a few years, but it would give you some darn nice cross the grain slices... :thumb:

Oh yeah, I made the picture a link, it will take you right to HF....

Ahh, For frying We've got one of these.

Sharon lets me run it 2 times a year. New Years eve and Super bowl Sunday.

(Of course, if she happens to leave town and I'm home alone, I'm just sayin...)

Almost forgot about the "NPDH" rule.

Here's a pic of 1# 11oz of Very tender corned beef, sliced across the grain and then vacuum packed and ready for the trip...

attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-4139.jpg
    FWW-4139.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 48
We have 2 of those meat slicers...wouldn't trade 'em...so handy for big bbq's.
Stacey pulls out my fryer once a month when she wants fish tacos and fried zucchini...I swear with the combinations that girl come's up with...she's pregnant at least once a week!:rolleyes::rofl:

Sort of...

Picked this up a while ago at Harbor Freight for no real reason. Just one of those inverse intellectual decisions I sometimes make there.

Made a big ole corned beef for dinner last night and wanted to pack some up for the trip, so I finally broke this puppy out.

My expectations were very low, and I came out pleasantly surprised...

It's cheaply made and flimsy, but it actually sliced the corned beef very thin, even, and with little effort. Clean up was a breeze.

I now have some of the most delicious corned beef very thinly sliced and ready to make into sandwiches out on the road!

(Ok, So I was hard up to find something substantive to post this weekend, so sue me) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Had I known you wanted one you could have had mine - we decided to get rid of it as we were packing up the kitchen for the remodel - gave it away 2 days ago.:doh::doh: