Kitchen Remodel - Finished enough for pictures

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Today was the first day of real work on the kitchen remodel that has been in the planning stages for.....years.:eek::eek:

All the cabinets have been removed and taken away. I put an ad on Craig's list for the cabinets, free for anyone who wanted them with the stipulation that they could not pick through the pile, they had to take them all. Well, I got 7 responses in the first half hour! The first guy, who responded in 20 min, not only took the cabinets, he took the counter top, sink and faucet. AND, he brought help over and helped me take them all out!:thumb::thumb:

Here are the first of what will likely be many pictures chronicling the adventure.

3-19-11-a.jpg3-19-11-b.jpg3-19-11-c.jpg3-19-11-d.jpg3-19-11-e.jpg3-19-11-f.jpg3-19-11-g.jpg3-19-11-h.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing quite as satisfying as the demolition! :thumb:

Quite a bonus on getting rid of the old cabs. Our old ones were particle board and practically falling apart. They ended up in the Dump...

May as well get this part over with. I brang enough to share. :D

images

Looking forward to watching the build, Rennie. :thumb:

I see the stove and reefer stayed, so at least you won't be eating out, or out of the microwave the whole time you're working. :D:D
The stove will stay only a few days, then it, the DW and the fridge will all move into the dining area. Only the fridge will stay serviceable. We'll be doing a lot of cooking on the grill.

Oh, That hurts... :gonnagetit::mad:
Sorry dude, couldn't help myself.:D

Sorry dude, couldn't help myself.:D

Its not like I don't deserve it! :rofl:

We did actually finish the kitchen remodel we did in pretty short time.

It was a very satisfying project. Even all the way to the tile floors. Something nice about redoing a kitchen.

We did have to eat out of the microwave for about a week or two.

Looking forward to the process Rennie. What are you planning to do?
We are closing off the side entrance and making a "U" shaped layout. Fridge will move to the right (looking in from the DR - it will be right at the edge of the DR) stove will center on back wall. The layout will be asymmetrical, the run on the exterior wall (left side) will be 138", 120" on the interior wall. The mahogany flooring will be extended into the kitchen.

Can lights, under cabinet LED's, and under cabinet outlet strips. A pendant that matches the ones I used in the DR will go over the sink. Shaker style painted cabinets (the color is Fortune Cookie) and a light colored corian counter.

I have much to do.:doh:

Nothing quite as satisfying as the demolition! :thumb:

Quite a bonus on getting rid of the old cabs. Our old ones were particle board and practically falling apart. They ended up in the Dump...

It really depends on what the cabinets are made of, but I have seen quite a few repurposed, as garage cabinets, or seen plywood ones, down at the Habitat Restore, where both low income and bargain hunters shop.

I think I am going to like being on THIS side of your kitchen rebuild:p sure is a nice feeling to get it officially started isn't it:thumb: but in the same breath, looking at it fully demoed you can't help to think "what did I get my self into:doh:":rofl::rofl::rofl:. I am looking forward to follow along and am sure it will come out great:)

I'll be following along.:lurk: The only thing we saved from our old kitchen were the cabinet doors and the drawer slides. There was no way to remove the cabinets without damage due to the way they were built.

Don't feel to bad Brent as I'm not to far behind you on how long a kitchen remodel is taking. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and forces you to take a detour.:wave:

Rennie your posed to build the new ones before you rip out the old ones. :thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:lurk::lurk: Thanks Vaughn
craft-beer+pic+for+blig.jpg
I got the first round.:thumb: