Kitchen Remodel - Finished enough for pictures

It takes a special skill to hang a square box on a round wall. It always frustrates the engineer in me to no end trying to make stuff in a house look right. I think I'd drive myself crazy trying to hang a whole kitchen. At $250 to hang everything, save your time for stuff you enjoy, and take comfort in the fact you saved a bunch of money doing what you have by yourself.

Last edited:
Sometimes you got to do what you got to do. When ever I install cabinets I use 2 levels to get an idea on what the floor is doing. A 6' and a 2' level. I always set them to the high point but also take into account how much higher that high point is and what affect this has on the appliances. I had one job that in an 8' run the floor was out 2" and there wasn't a thing you could do about it.

Rennie, I think you being way too hard on yourself. If you had the time you would have got it right. Your other work shows that for sure. Even if i had the time for the amount you spent i would have had the pro hang them. I would rather be doing woodworking.:D

Looking forward to seeing them finished.:):thumb:

The cabinets are in and level. To my relief the installer said they were some of the most difficult boxes he's installed in a long time. He said Martha should stick to cooking and decorating and leave the cabinets to others.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got all the gadgets installed - the mixer lift, trash can drawer, and blind cabinet racks, as well as the under cabinet lighting, refrigerator, stove, and microwave. The dishwasher will have to wait till the plumbing goes in. The countertop gus were here today to measure and all went well.

Tomorrow I'll start on the toe kick, light rail, and crown molding. I also have to build a frame and panel end for the refrigerator. Still much to do!

The cabinets are in and level. To my relief the installer said they were some of the most difficult boxes he's installed in a long time. He said Martha should stick to cooking and decorating and leave the cabinets to others.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got all the gadgets installed - the mixer lift, trash can drawer, and blind cabinet racks, as well as the under cabinet lighting, refrigerator, stove, and microwave. The dishwasher will have to wait till the plumbing goes in. The countertop gus were here today to measure and all went well.

Tomorrow I'll start on the toe kick, light rail, and crown molding. I also have to build a frame and panel end for the refrigerator. Still much to do!

Congratulations! One more hurdle out of the way.... :thumb: :thumb:

4818747a-5dff-1ff3.jpg

4818747a-5e24-f67e.jpg

Got the toe kicks and light rail in today. Will start on crown on Friday.

Just wonderin', why are there 2 boxes with red "X's" instead of any pictures? :dunno:

Aloha

It appears that the post was done from Tapatalk and the pics are hosted on their site. Dunno if they remove them after a time period or if it's just down. :dunno:

Will check into it.

well all i see is blue boxes no red checks so must be another way for pics to be seen by the real techis and not us other kind:):rofl::rofl:
i am sure they look great rennie

That's good to know. I'll be taking some 'real pictures' soon. Sorry.:eek: