Table saw extension

"No, not dances and lighting...this forum is for discussing the shop accessories we build to make life easier and safer."

LOL, this surely doesn't fit the above, but I couldn't figure out where else to post it :huh:

Anyways...I believe I've finally scraped bottom with this extension hack job... time to look for another TS....FWIW though, it 'got er done' :rofl:

I love this little old 8" Rockwell tilting table saw, but the fence and rails only allow approx. 11" to the right & 8" to the left of the blade. For the most part, it's more than enough for what I dabble in, but hey, I'm always looking for another excuse for new tools;). I thought about searching for a fence & longer rails for this, but, I'm sure I can find reasoning for having 2 table saws :thumb:

BTW, I do have a R.A.S. I could of used, but....:eek: {embarrassed to admit} I leave it set at 90 degrees, as it too, is older and never goes back to the same setting twice without headaches, so it's destined to 90's & dadoes... & besides, that would take away from some craigslist seller who's dying to unload his/her barely used saw :rolleyes:

Well...guess I'll open a 'light' and do a little jig....hope your weekends going smoothly! :D

That actually looks like a pretty bright idea to me, Ken. Probably not something you'd want to have to do every day, but for those occasional cuts that are wider than the saw, why not? As long as the fence board is set up square to the blade, I don't see a problem. :thumb: