Show us your Worksharp Storage

Jim Mattheiss

Hello:

I picked up a WS3000 on closeout at Sears last night. I put the abrasives on the glass platens and checked it out.

I sharpened a chisel and 2 block plane blades. I like it.

Anyway - I have to figure out how to store all the doo-dads and such so if you have one - show us what you've done.

Cheers

Jim

PS: I'll get pics and post them shortly.

shop cabinets

The biggest thing everyone has to deal with is storing items in the shop. And the smaller the shop the more important it becomes to make the best use of every spare inch of space. My favorite storage idea has been this workbench. The 16 drawers holds as much as what is in many other woodworkers entire shops. Just imagine a box that is three feet high, 26 inches deep, and eight feet long; and then imagine how much you could throw into it. By filling that space with drawers, everything is easily accessible…

I have built a couple of dozen shop cabinets over the last 25 years. Many can be seen on my shop tour from a couple of years ago.
http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9604

Attachments

• cabinet.jpg
    cabinet.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 63
Fine looking cabinet Tom

It is indeed but, where is the Worksharp storage idea? :)

Come on guys, help Jim out. We know you've got them. Are your machines really just setting on the bench, on a shelf, in a cabinet with all the spare abrasives, wheels, chunk-o-rubber, etc. just piled next them? Let's pitch in for the forum.

Last edited:
I like Glenn Bradley's setup, especially the platform to grind on the top using a honing guide for the angle.

The WS 3000 is small/light enough to have on a movalbe platform that you store in a rollout and lift onto bench as needed. The tilted storage for the disks is a good idea

Thanks

Jim

Went out to the shop this evening to make mine, thinking I was going to copy Glenn's. Got all the extra stuff off the shelf, to see how big I should make the storage drawer underneath. Discovered I had the wide blade attachment, and didn't even know it!

Got it set up. Frankly, I was so thrilled with how it worked, I started sharpening plane blades instead of making a storage box. Then I just had to test them, right?

So I got out my jointer plane, and sharpened the blade. You know, my benchtop used to be flat, but it's been a while. I was enjoying reworking it so much I lost track of time. Finally, Doorlink came out to tell me I'd missed dinner. That was around 10:30! ;)

Suddenly, I love that worksharp, all because of that attachment! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I think a few folks are not really reading the title and think it says workshop when it says worksharp

Guilty as charged. I had never heard of a worksharp, so thought the op just couldn't type very well. However, my post was still a good answer, even if it was just by accident…